Maine

Lucerne Inn -- reception ends at 10pm?

Hi All,

I'm having my reception at the Lucerne Inn in Dedham, ME, on a Friday night next summer.  Because we're on an outdoor patio, I was told that our reception music has to end by 10pm, due to a quiet policy for residents of the lake.  This seems a little early to me, and I would hate for our reception to be bust and end too early.  Has anyone been to a Lucerne Inn wedding that ended at 10pm?  Was it too early?  What did people do at 10pm?  Did the party move inside, or somewhere else?  

Thanks for any feedback!

Re: Lucerne Inn -- reception ends at 10pm?

• jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time does your reception start?  The average reception, as I understand it, is about 4 hours.  You should call the Inn and see what their policy is about moving the party indoors afterwards.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Our reception was supposed to end at 10, but we paid the DJ to go until 11. Honestly, by 11, a lot of people had already left and the rest of the people left were kinda drunk. After a couple hours of dancing and drinking, most people will be ready to leave or switch things up. Maybe you could have some kind of an after party? Or maybe at 10 you could do a fire and s'mores or something else chill (i.e. no music).

We did have an after party at 11, but honestly, we didn't stick around for long. We were beat by midnight.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Same here-
    We initially planned to go until 10 (5 hours), but guests were heading out, so we ended after 4 hours at 9.  then we headed to an after-party @ our favorite watering hole (we just had the DJ make an announcement about where we'd be.  We only lasted a couple of hours there before being so tired that we could barely move. Chances are, this is not a night you will be able to make it til last call...
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • meganyanimeganyani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work down the road from there!

I agree that it depends when your reception starts...10pm is kinda late but it depends on the kind of guests you have. I'm sure they would gladly move it inside if you wanted it to go later.
  • edited December 2011
    i've heard that most people find it okay but i wanted somewhere i could continue the party on my terms if i wanted... depends on your crowd, are they partiers or are they the in bed by 9pm type?  the people i've talked to there said their party ended about 9 so it was good for them.
  • edited December 2011
    I would think 10 PM is plenty late for a reception, better end the evening on a high note with all the guests dancing and having a good time, then being only 10 or so people left because everyone left or went to bed.

If people still want to hang out and drink, I am sure you can find a room to do that in.
  • meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at the Lucerne Inn for my reception as well and I did see that 10pm time and it did discourage me because I know that we have a lot of friends that like to stay up late. :) I wrote them an email about the time and the flexibility and I will let you know what I hear! My concern is that it is so far out there (I live in the L/A area) that I'm sure most people will be staying and may not be ready for bed at 10pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards