Maine

Davids Bridal backed up

Before I forget, wanted to let you girls know that DB told me it is taking 3 months for dresses to come in for bridesmaids! So, incase anyone was putting it off, don't!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Davids Bridal backed up

• edited December 2011
    They told me that it would take 8-10 weeks for my bridesmaids dresses to come in, and they were in, literally the next week... Perhaps they are being honest this time, but I think it is a ploy to get people to order early.  (Sorry, I did not have a great experience with DB!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All but one of my BMs ordered their dresses when they were supposed to.  Their dresses came in between 2-3 weeks later.

One BM ordered her dress at the end of April.  The bottom (we have the 2 piece dresses) came in around May 16th.  We're still waiting on the top over a month later. 

I don't think it's necessarily a ploy to make you buy quickly.  I think it's to cover their own ass if it takes longer. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a great experience with one particular DB and I've had a horrible experience with the other DB (which is why I left and went to another). I think PP is right that they are just trying to cover their butts. If they have the dresses premade and instock, they'll ship right away. If they have to be made they take a lot longer. I think they carry/make a lot of certain styles and colors, like those you see as samples, but if the color/style isn't in the sample assortment you can bet on them taking a lot longer. 

For my gals one got hers within weeks, but the others were almost up to the quoted date. None went over the quoted date though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • jjinmejjinme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they do tend to overestimate just in case. I tried to order a sash today, and they said it would take 12 weeks. But then when I asked for a specific date, they said no later than June 15th. So, not quite 12 weeks :)
  • edited December 2011
    My sister is getting married July 16th and we literally just went about 4 weeks ago to try on dresses.  We tried them on in the store and ordered them online at Davidsbridal.com and it was delivered to my house within 3 days..  Just an option if you're ina  time pinch!
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Davids Bridal backed up:
    [QUOTE]I've had a great experience with one particular DB and I've had a horrible experience with the other DB (which is why I left and went to another). I think PP is right that they are just trying to cover their butts. If they have the dresses premade and instock, they'll ship right away. If they have to be made they take a lot longer. I think they carry/make a lot of certain styles and colors, like those you see as samples, but if the color/style isn't in the sample assortment you can bet on them taking a lot longer.  For my gals one got hers within weeks, but the others were almost up to the quoted date. None went over the quoted date though. 
    Posted by plato79[/QUOTE]

I have had wonderful experiences up here in Maine, but the one in MA near where my cousin lives...I wanted to punch the consultant.  We had an appointment for her to try on BM dresses and her daughter to try on FG dresses, and they were so unhelpful.  As soon as they realized we were just trying on, they disappeared.  They tried to tell me I HAD to order the FG dress on that day (it was between Christmas and New Years) for my JULY wedding, and I said we would be ordering in February when we ordered the rest of the dresses.

I never had that experience at the Maine one. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm ok thanks ladies. I was starting to freak out!
  • edited December 2011
    I have pretty much never had a good experience at DB, the only reason we are getting the dresses for the bridesmaids there is because people are spread out. Anyways I agree though get your dresses early just in case!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've had mixed experiences with them. As a bridesmaid it was great. I went in without being linked to a bride looking for a dress for a wedding without an app. and they were rude. With my dress they have been great. I liked my consultant. However, the lady in alterations does not speak English. I usually don't mind it, as I understand people have different languages and backgrounds, but if your altering my dress I want to know you understand! We could barely schedule an app. I had such a hard time understanding her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards