Maine

Davids Bridal

OK, this is kind of a strange request but Im trying to save my girls all the money I can.

We decided to go to Davids to buy the bridesmaid dresses. The store says they can only give them a discount if I buy my wedding gown at Davids also. That is not happening.

I'm wondering if any brides on here might want to "share" their discount with my girls. I have no idea how that would work...Im guessing they would need to be registered under the brides name.

Hey, its worth a shot, right?

Re: Davids Bridal

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's possible. They keep track of everything in their computer system, so when my girls went in they received the discount because they could see in the computer that I was the bride, I had purchased my dress, and they were purchasing under my name. While I had a paper coupon,  I don't think those count for much, because they can see it all in the computer when they order the dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they would have to be registered under the other bride's name as members of that bridal party.

Your file at DB includes the date of your wedding too, so it would be hard to do, unless you and the girl had the same wedding date. Otherwise, things might not come in on time.

Whenever my girls' dresses came in, I got phone calls/emails from DB saying their order was in, so the other bride would be privy to this information about your wedding as well.

I think the discount is only $20, and DB dresses are pretty cheap in comparison to other places. I think the hassle of trying to finagle it so they can get a discount through another bride would not be worth the $20, personally. Plus, they would probably figure out that half the bridesmaids are wearing a totally different color and style (assuming the other bride you're piggybacking on is not doing the same thing as you).

But it's great you are trying to save your girls money!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think a lot of places will give your bridesmaids discounts if you buy your dress there.  I would just ask when you are dress shopping if they do that nad keep that in mind. 
  • edited December 2011
    The deal only works for bridesmaids if the bride has already purchased her gown and the discount doesn't work for and 'special' dresses. Wherever you're buying your gown they probably give discounts and if not, david's is fairly inexpensive anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    bummer on the discount!  We did well by getting dresses that were on sale/clearance.  It worked out that I only have 3 girls, but it was easy to find something they liked in the colors that match the wedding.  We got our dresses for my sister's wedding at J Crew the same way- $40 a pop!  Just look in the sale sections and you might save a bundle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards