Maine

Barn

Hello I am in Mexico, Maine. I am looking for a barn venue as well. Does anyone know of one? Thanks :)

Re: Barn

• Red Barn at Outlook Farm - Berwick.
  • how far are you willing to travel?? that would help a bunch if we knew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am looking to travel no more than an hour away from here! Thanks :):)
  • well i mapquested where my venue is from where you are. and its only 1 hour and 11 minutes away. i am having mine at the chandler house bed and breakfast which has a beautiful barn there that i am having my wedding and reception! and its very inexpensive as well :) i fell in love with it the first time i saw it. i know 3 other people that are getting married there as well!

www.chandlerhousebandb.com

let me know if u have any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks SO much! Do you have any more pictures of the inside of the barn? a barn is what I ahve my heart set on ! my email is kayla.chiasson@maine.edu

thanks so much!
  • yes i do i can email them to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Barn on Walnut Hill is supposed to be good.
    http://www.thebarnonwalnuthill.com/

I have a friend whose sister got married there and they really liked it.  I also had people recommend it to me as a possibility for my venue (we ended up not looking at it because the majority of our guests are from out of town and we didn't want them traveling too far from the hotel and ceremony venue for the reception).
  • barn on walnut hill is beautiful but VERY VERY expensive- i emailed the lady because that was my first choice and it was 10,000 for JUST the venue. ridiculous if you ask me. and i love my venue way more now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow, 10,000 is really expensive. Chandler House is beautiful & I plan on looking at it soon! Any more ideas anyone on the barns?
  • I second the Chandler House :). Just got married there this past weekend. The barn is beautiful and you get to do everything. I only paid around $1200 for the barn and both guests houses. The only thing is is that you need to make sure you have the entire Inn rented out by family our you can pay for it yourself because of two things
    1. If there are outsiders staying at the Inn on the night of the wedding then they request that you shut down around 8pm so then the other guests and sleep.
    2. The barn is actually cheaper with the entire Inn rented out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm bias since I'm getting married at the Barn on Walnut Hill next July but I think it's worth the price. I thought it was too expensive at first too, but we fell in love with it while we were visiting.
    When are you getting married? It's $10,000 to rent from Wed-Sunday during the peak season but I remember Gail Landry (owner) saying the cost is lower in the spring and fall. I think it's worth it for us since we're traveling from across the country, our immediate family can stay in the farmhouse (don't have to pay for hotel rooms; sleeps about 10), we can hold the rehersal dinner on the back deck (beautiful), have there ceremony in the wooded grove, and the reception in the barn and on the lawn. The downside is that basically nothing is included besides property. But its gorgeous! She has another property called the Flanagan Farm that she was renovating this past summer. The barn wasn't finished (probably is now) but it was huge and beautiful. I believe it's in Buxton, ME. Contact info is on the Barn on Walnut Hill site. 
    Another place we looked at is the 1812 Farm in Bristol, ME. Its on the way to Pemaquid Point. It's not exactly a barn, but it is beautiful. 

• marteeny08marteeny08 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2014
    I have had a lot of interaction with the Barn at Flanagan Farm and its owner Gail Landry (also the owner of Barn on Walnut Hill). At first sight, I loved the barn. It is flawless and spectacular. I was offered a somewhat reasonable price of $7000 for Fri/Sat night in the farmhouse as well as the barn for the wedding. Upon making that arrangement, I gave Gail $3500 as a deposit in cash and was told she would immediately mail out the receipt and contract. After a month had gone by, I emailed her in regards to the contract, to which (after a few days) she replied she was in the middle of buying a condo unit, so that's why she'd been taking so long to get back to me. Okkk... except I'm also a client, she had a significant amount of my cash and I had NOTHING saying she had received that payment from me, much less that I had that barn 100% for my date.

She finally emailed (not mailed) the contract to me without a receipt. Having it been my father's money and his want of a receipt, I emailed her again requesting it. No answer. Yesterday marked over 2 weeks from that email, so I emailed her again. Her response was:

"No one including the brides who are paying $15,000 for the property have demanded a receipt as the contract as written works for them. 
    At this point I would like to refund your deposit and cancel the contract. I am not confident I will be able to meet your expectations with regard to clarity, timeliness or delivery. 
    My bookkeeper will have a check ready for you today. You are welcome to pick it up at my office or I can put it in the mail. Just let me know what you would prefer to do. 
    All the best,"

All the best? You just canceled my venue and crushed my world. A wedding is one of the most important day's in a woman's life, and she shattered everything. I had already bought things with my date and venue on them.

Want the happy ending? Gail Landry has to live with being the heartless person she is, and I found the most wonderful venue. I have to change my date and theme, but this place is AMAZING. Their brand new barn will be done in June with a wall of windows overlooking a mountainside. The "cabin" (more like a mansion) is breathtaking. Hello gorgeous! And Anthony, the owner, is FABULOUS. Check them out. He honestly saved my wedding day.

http://www.graniteridgeestate.com/
  • Not sure what the distance is, but check out Clarks Cove Farm in Walpole, Maine if that's within a reasonable distance.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards