Maine

Bands in Maine

I just got engaged earlier this month! My fiance and I are from MA, but are getting married in Kennebunkport. We are looking for a band for our wedding day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Bands in Maine

• edited December 2011
    Hi, Congrats! and Welcome to the Maine board!  There is a Band out of Kennebunk, that is always playing at local functions and they are also available for weddings. you may want to check them out - Straight Lace

and  another one is Bob Charest Band. I have heard great things about both! 
  • Mrs DPMMrs DPM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,

I'm unsure of what your budget is for music, but the Jenny Woodman band is incredible.  They are pricey however, but if price isnt an issue, i would strongly recommend them.  Good luck!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the insight, I will have to check them out :)
  • chocolate321chocolate321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi we went to a wedding this summer on peaks island in maine and the delta knights band was playing.  The bride is my friend and said that they were really affordable and easy to work with in regards to preperation and quesitons.   Amazing band that had everyone dancing all night.  here is their website
    www.deltaknights.com

good luck !
  • edited December 2011
    Unsure about your budget, but Flipside (from Boston) is amazing.  You can hear their stuff on youtube.  Our guests were dancing all afternoon, and my H liked their version of our first dance song better than the artist's version.  Our wedding was in Freeport, and they came up for the day, and there was no additional travel charge (again, not cheap to being with, though).  
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tony Boffa is incredible, and located in Portland.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I went and saw the Bob Charest Band a couple of weeks ago. They were great and we hired them for our upcoming wedding. Bob and Cindy, the married couple that run the band, are both super sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards