Maine

reception venue $$$

I am starting to plan my Wedding for September 2011. We have a budget of 10,000 total. We want a venue where the guests can stay on site. We are very outdoorsy and I wanted a rustic BBQ wedding, I thought that would be cheaper...but I now realize that isn't true. Does anyone have any ideas for venues in the Portland area...we are willing to travel an hour or 2. So Porsmouth NH or North Conway NH. Could work too.

thanks in advance!

Re: reception venue $$$

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, crazy how a simple BBQ can cost just as much or more! I would recommend the summer camps -- Camp Ketcha in Scarborough, Kingsley Pines in Raymond. I know Kingsley has cabins people can stay in. I also know that Point Sebago Resort does a beachside BBQ reception too.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Kinsley Pines is 6000 before food, decorations...and anything else...that is what I originally. The summer camp thing gets very expensive very quickly. I am looking in to Point Sebago...but It seems to have bad reviews...if anyone has had a wedding at point sebago I would like to know how it went.

thanks for the advise

• dwilkinson1dwilkinson1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Migis Lodge in Sebago.  www.migis.com I've heard this is a nice venue with lodging
  • edited December 2011
    okay thank you, I haven't contacted them yet...keep the ideas coming PLEASE. I never thought it would be this difficult to plan a wedding for 10,000...geez
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have just started my venue searching and i have no idea what the prices are but this is outdoorsy and im pretty sure they have some lodging --at least check it out

http://www.cliffsidemaine.com/index.php?menuid=14
  • edited December 2011
    Hey There,

I also have a $10,000 budget and we ended up going with Mariner's Church Banquet Center.  It's $500 to reserve then food on top of that, but I'm having 125 guests and with a champagne toast, appetizers, and tax+gratuity, I'm going to be spending about $6,500 the day of.  My decorations are pretty cheap, so it's easy from there.  I chose Mariner's because it is in the Old Port, which I love, and there are numerous hotels in the area that are walking distance and/or have shuttles that are willing to pick people up and drop them off.  It won't be a bar-b-q, but it doesn't have to be too fancy either!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cliffside Lodge is a great idea! Weekend packages start at $3,000, it says, and includes lodging for 20 people. That doesn't include food, though. I've heard it's really pretty.

I think $10,000 is very doable if you're willing to be flexible about where and what it includes. The Poland Spring Inn has a great all-inclusive wedding package for $7,444. But can only do weddings in the morning. But it includes lodging and would probably fit all your criteria.

We looked at Maple Hill Farm Inn in Hallowell and really liked it. A rustic setting, great food and I think 8 rooms on site for guests. It was fairly affordable -- we priced it out to be between $5,000-$6,000 for food and reception room rental.

You could also check out ski and golf resorts -- Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Dunegrass Golf Club. We looked into Sunday River and it was about $45 per person for food, plus a fee for room rental, but they included some extras (like night-of lodging for you).

We chose Shawnee Peak in Bridgton because it was the most budget-friendly place we could find. No room rental fee if you use them as the caterer and incur at least $2,000 in food charges, plus they have a big guest house that holds 44 people you can rent all weekend for $1,500. It's definitely rustic and casual, but the best deal we found, and we have a budget that's less than yours.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! I am looking far and wide and have emailed atleast 100 different venues...geez this is exuasting. Again KEEP EM' COMING. You lovely ladies are the best!
  • edited December 2011
    Linekin Bay Resort (o Liniken - not sure of spelling)  In Boothbay Harbor.  Awesome.  Great prices.  Very rustic.

Also, Point Sebago Resort in Casco does nice job.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kmulkern22  im going to attempt to have a wedding right around 5000 (  my mom is sewing my dress so this costs 0, my fiance's mom is making the cake this costs 0, other than my bouqet and mayb the bridesmaids bouquets my flowers are going to be made of tissue paper (which will be less than 10 cents a flower). I will be doing a lot of diy project including invites and personalized touches. Does everyone think i can make it? 
  • edited December 2011
    Schadbourne, I totally think you can do a wedding for $5,000 if you keep your guest list manageable, since food will probably be your biggest expense. I would look into Shawnee Peak. It was the most affordable place we found. You could do food there for as little as $2,500 (including tax and gratuity), which would leave you another $2,500 for a photographer, DJ, alcohol, and all your DIY supplies.

Anniversary
  • rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could check out Highland Lake Resort in Bridgton.  I don't know there prices of the top of my head but it's a very nice outdoor setting.  My FH and I are actually getting married there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my clambake reception at Fosters in York and for 90 guests with lobstre, clams clam chowder musels, etc for all and open bar and having ceremony on site as well the venue will cost  about 7000$, this includes taxes and gratuities.  And they have been fabulous to work with!!
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try looking into weekly rental large homes.  We have a friend that got married here:
    http://www.summermaine.com/saltwaterfarm/ We tried, but she just kept tacking on more fees every time we talked to her.  I think the place was about $4k for the week to stay and have the wedding there.  Our whole budget is $5k, so not an option for us. Our friend's wedding was amazing, reception in the barn.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards