Mississippi

Wedding Venue Jackson Area

I know this question was asked a few weeks ago but I wanted to ask again. We are having trouble finding a place to have our wedding. We looked at first Baptist jackson and fell in love with it but I think the music rules are going to push us out of there. We also have looked into Luckett Lodge. I'm looking for something that we could possibly do the wedding and reception together so people wouldnt have to drive. Any suggestions would be GREAT!
amanda

Re: Wedding Venue Jackson Area

• tdh123tdh123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Luckett Lodge would be great. Plantation commons. I am having my reception at the Red Barn which has 2 floors. Possibly capital club or old capital inn. Not sure if you have a tight budget or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Red Barn is great. My cousin and my uncle held their receptions there. I wouldnt mind doing it there either. We just have alot of people coming in from memphis so we dont want to do anything to get anyone lost. and yes our budget is tight. We looked at old capital and you have to have at least 225 poeple and i just dont think we will lol. we have big families but not that big!
    THanks for your help!
  • Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Fairview Inn! On Saturdays they have a minnimum, BUT if you have it any other time (like I'm doing - FRIDAY) then it's extremely afforable! Plus, you can have your ceremony & reception at the same location and there is also rooms for everyone to stay in for your guest from Memphis.  They are extremely flexible and great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter has booked MS. Agriculture museum for the "country" church for the wedding and the Recreation hall for the reception. Very reasonable and within the same park. 100 for the church and 200 for the reception.

Mynelle Gardens is supposed to be nice, never been, but unless the wedding date is a year from now, it is pretty booked.

The Cedars in Jackson is highly recommended too, for both.
  • Lenore2010Lenore2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:82345e9c-4694-4267-9250-82b79376a966Post:a59f7ee8-c5ad-4834-98dd-3e271de28973">Re: I judge thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge thread? : I kinda thought this was sexist at first but honestly Nebb - I'm with you now.  I kinda judge anyone who doesn't cook.  I understand that not all meals need to be a long, drawn out, four course escapades and that sometimes all you want is a frozen pizza.  But cooking - when it comes down to it - is not hard.  You just follow damn directions.  No one expects you to roll out a fancy meal every night but for crap's sake, there are a ton of simple recipes out there.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Everyone of both genders needs basic cooking skills. Not that I actually judge it-I am just saying people need to have the skills - men too.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    There is a new place in Jackson that just opened up. It's an artisan retail store in Fondren  called "circa. - URBAN ARTISAN LIVING".  Besides a retail shop, its also is a venue for events. It has a cool, urban, feel to it. It's great for smaller and medium sized gatherings. Good for rehersal dinners and receptions. If you want something different you should check it out. The web address is http://www.circaliving.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards