Mississippi

North MS Wedding Cake Nightmare!

I contacted my wedding cake baker back in November or December and gave her my wedding date, which she claimed to have put on her calendar.  I've been emailing with her back and forth regarding details since that time.  She has been paid in full through PayPal at her request. She has continuously postponed aapointments with me. Sending me emails, apologizing - something came up, etc.  Told me to call her and we'd work out details.  I called a couple times and, of course, she didn't answer or return my calls.  I sent her a text this morning (my wedding day) which she didn't respond to.  Finally, my fiance called and left her a message saying "if you're not going to show up, please be kind enough to let us know so  we can make other arrangements" to which she replied about 30 minutes before the wedding.  She was apparently out of town and had it on her calendar for the "20th".  I went back and verified in the emails and I did tell her the 13th.  Of course, I already knew it was an excuse because that's all I've gotten from her for months.  We were blessed to have wonderful friends to help us work out something else for cakes.

My advice to all of you - 1) Don't pay for it if the baker won't take time to meet with you; 2) Don't use Martha Lucille's Bakery!
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: North MS Wedding Cake Nightmare!

• edited December 2011

Where is she located.... I have had a very hard time finding a cake and I dont want to use her!!

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you.. Hope your day went well other then that!!!

ohhh and is she going to give you your money back?

• edited December 2011
    She is in DeSoto County.  I believe she works out of her home in Horn Lake.  She advertises on The Rebel 93.5, and that's how I found her.  Her cakes are delicious!

We're not sure if we will get our money back but we are certainly going to try.  It all worked out well for us!  We still got married.  We just went to Kroger and bought a few varities of cakes. 
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • edited December 2011
    There is an AWESOME cake baker in Grenada, MS named Deb Miller.  Her business is called "Peace of Cake".  Her prices are reasonable and her cakes are AMAZING (she has done some cakes for some birthday parties and weddings I've been to, and I've already asked her to do the cakes for my wedding).   You can look her up on facebook, or I can give you her number if you're interested!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards