July 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower!

I'm getting ready to go to my bridal shower! I'm soo ecxited! It makes the wedding seem so much closer!  Have any of you gotten a shower yet? :-)

Re: Bridal Shower!

• Options
    McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    How fun for you!  I'm having two showers...April 6th and May4th.  Hope you had a great time!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine are June 8th and May 12th. I am dying to get that far! Also our girls night/bachelorette party is the night of June 8th!
    EEK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Mine is June 8th :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How was it?! 

My mom and MIL decided to do a joint shower so both sides of the family will have a chance to mingle before the big day. It's on May 25th in the fellowship hall of the church where we're getting married. I am VERY excited and already feel so blessed/loved that so many people (moms, sisters, aunts) are working so hard to make it special for me. :) 
  • Options
    May18th here. Hope you had fun!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It went awesome! Actually, I am living in Africa right now, so this is my 'Africa friends' shower. I will be moving back to the states in June. My sisters are planning one for me there as well. :-)

• Options
    Mine is May19th!! I can't wait!! That's all I know about it, and I'm ready to see what they put together :) It will also be the first time in 9 months that I've seen any of my friends or family, so I think that I am more excited for that!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is April 27th! It's early, but things are just too hectic from early May through the wedding.

Hard to believe it's getting so close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My bachelorette and bridal shower are surprises, so I'm not sure when either of them are happening :/
  • Options
    How exciting!  Mine are June 1st and June 22nd.  It is coming up fast!  
  • Options
    I will have one, just have no idea when! Im sure I will find out since i live out of town and whoever plans will have to make sure Im in town!!! Glad you had fun!! I cant wait! I may have been married twice, but this is the first time I have had any of  this stuff, including a wedding that wasnt at the courthouse!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    kerryberry13kerryberry13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    Mine is supposed to be a surprise, but I know it's April 7th because I ended up helping my mom find a place that I liked and that was affordable (it's going to be a brunch at a french themed cafe, yay!) That was the ONLY date that wasn't booked. However, that's really soon and I hadn't started my registry yet. So, now FH has only 2 days off from work and they will both be spent trying to get 2 store's registries totally done. Stressful, but super exciting!

However, I'm worried my bridesmaids, mother & FMIL will all hate each other by the shower. I had asked my MOH to help plan some games or a few decorations. She took it to the extreme and apparently has been bossing everyone around, making ridiculous demands and coming up with elaborate themes with no concept of money. I'm not supposed to know about any of it because it is supposed to be a surprise, but there ended up being so much drama I found out about it from FH and have been upset (the girls don't know that I know about their fighting though). Apparently, MOH had wanted to do a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" theme which would have been very cute if a very close friend of mine hadn't had the EXACT same thing last weekend. When my FH told her that I would be upset that it was the same & that bride would be upset too her response was "Well, I wasn't there, so it doesn't matter" (even though we have about 10 mutual guests that will be at both showers) and then "Shut up & just be the groom" She didn't want to change it. Apparently, everything is better now but FMIL has been very pushy and keeps bringing up my MOH's behavior to me. I just keep saying "It's supposed to be a surprise, I don't want to know anything!" Ignorance is bliss lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is April 6th too! We will probably be doing a Bachelorette Night then too. I live in NYC, and Im flying home to Michigan for my shower, so Im also hoping to fit in my first dress fitting then too (since I bought the dress in MI). I cant wait!
  • Options
    My friends are trying to surprise me, but I am not easy to surprise and I have a feeling it's April 20th. I only get one weekend off a month and I was told by my fiance that even though our food tasting isn't until the 21st, I should just make that my weekend off for the month. I know that one of my bridesmaids is MOH in her sisters wedding in May so she will be very busy. My MOH and man of honor know I do not like surprises so they are just trying to torture me more by trying to keep the shower a surprise!! They are also planning a surprise bachlorette weekend for me and I know its June 6-9. I already had to put in for vacation time for that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards