July 2013 Weddings
Options

Manic Monday

Well. . . it's Monday again, which means an onslaught of things to do at work, school, and for the wedding. Yikes!

What do you have planned for this week (wedding related, or not)? Do you need some encouragement to get through the crazy week, or are you expecting to have an easy one and are looking forward to your calm waters ahead? Tell us what you've got going on. . .

I'll start. I teach at a Catholic school and it's Catholic Schools Week (sort of like homecoming/spirit week) so we have LOTS going on. Not to mention we had a delayed start today from some freezing rain; which always makes the day feel hectic. I won't go into every boring detail. . . but I have an after school meeting on Wednesday (yuck!) and am playing in the Faculty v. 8th grade basketball game on Friday. I'll also be spending any of my spare time this week getting ready for the Super Bowl party FH and I are having on Sunday. All of this makes me want to crawl back into bed! Is it Friday afernoon yet??

Re: Manic Monday

• Options
    I work dayshift today and yesterday which allows me and Fi to have dinner together. Tomorrow i work evening shift and Im trying to have him call off Wed o that we're both off ...hehe His mother will come over to help us make more tulle pomanders and we'll have a quiet night in. Other than that nothing else planned. We're not football fans so no party here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just got back from my family's annual weekend in Tahoe. We rent a cabin in South Lake Tahoe for ~20 of us. It was such a blast and I missed the snow as soon as we were driving back home. So I'm feeling extra 'blah' today.

But luckily it's my 9/80 Friday off this week, so I only have work Mon-Thurs. Hopefully FI and I can meet with a potential DJ Wednesday. Thursday after work I'm getting mani/pedis with one of my BMs. And then hoping to lay low all weekend and do something fun to watch our 49ers win the superbowl on Sunday! ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerryberry13kerryberry13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I'm a teacher also, so usually Monday's are blah. I'm always stressed and busy at work. However, ever since hitting my "six months" mark this weekend, I can't think about anything other than the wedding! My head has been in the clouds all day thinking about flowers, invites, songs, etc. The biggest challenge for us at the moment... Where do we want to go on our honeymoon?!?!! We apparently have "champagne taste and a beer budget" so we've had difficulty finding a realistic honeymoon location lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No big plans for the week! I am still sick, so I'm at home resting today. Work has been super slow anyway because my boss has been in a trial out of town and is leaving for a ski trip right after the trial wraps up... must be nice! Hehe. Hope everyone's week got off to a good start. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm back in school full time this semester, so this week is get-back-in-the-groove week. So I'm tired and grumpy and my brain hurts. ha.

We're making decisions on invites this week. No more delays, it's gotta be done. I'll also be seriously investigating BM dresses because I found one that I love love love but have to call a shop about because it's a new release.

Finally, I'm going to the ballet with my MOH on Saturday and I am giddy with excitement. heh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kls33145kls33145 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I just approved our proofs for our invites this afternoon, after work! Other than that, no wedding-related stuff going on! Although, it's constantly on my mind and I have a few things I want to get done and checked off of the list!!

I teach also and there's a lot going on in the next couple weeks; field trip to boston to see a Junie B. Jones play, 100th day of school, valentine's day, and of course Feb. school vaca! We're meeting with the florist during that vaca, so I'm very much looking forward to it!

Our officiant sent us a draft of our ceremony today. I cried my eyes out!!! I'm so worried that I'm going to be a mess during the ceremony!!! Is anyone else worried about that?? When I got to the end and saw "Joel, you may kiss your bride. For the first time as husband and wife may I introduce Joel & Kristen ____" it seriously HIT me....pow! It's REAL!

::sigh:: I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    Salsera29Salsera29 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Yay teachers!

I have a big dance performance coming up on Saturday, so pretty stressed about that. Can't wait to perform, and can't wait till it's over!! I really can't concentrate on wedding stuff until after this show. Costumes and choreography and partner drama, oh my! 

ETA: I mixed people up, oops
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards