July 2013 Weddings

Getting to know YOU

Hi fellow July 2013 brides!

We're definitely starting to see more regular posts here as more of us start nailing down our plans, which is super exciting :) I'd love to get to know some of you better though. 

FI and I got engaged in November after dating more than 4 years (we met through friends in high school although we didn't get together until after my senior year). We moved in together a year and a half ago, and bought our house together back in August. 

I'm working part-time and finishing up my BA right now. FI is an apprenticing carpenter. 

We live in Canada and have 2 feline furbabies who we adore. We like to tinker around our house and rock climb for hobbies. We're also hoping to start traveling more. I personally love curling up with a good book or having great chats with my girlfriends. 

Now it's your turn - tell me all about you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.

Re: Getting to know YOU

• Hi! I'll play :) Fi and I met through a mutual friend 2 yrs ago at a bbq. I initially wasn't interested (had a horrible break up a few months earlier). We ended up spending the rest of the night together and have been like such since. We purchased a home 2 months ago and are having fun working at it. (Will it *ever* be done?!). He works for Dial (yes, the soap) and Im an NA debating on going back to school for ultrasound/xray tech. Outside of work and wedding plans I love to run, hike, mt bike and anything adventurous. White water rafting is on my bucket list for this summer :) oh and I'm on day 2 of the master cleanse detox...hopefully that works out well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jymdrwjymdrw member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Me and my FI met in early high school and ended up dating towards the end.  We've been together for over 3.5 years now. He proposed on our 3rd anniversary.
    We are saving money and slowly aquiring everything for the wedding. 
    We currently live with his parents, and are working on getting an apartment sometime before the wedding!

I am a part time photographer at a studio, and I plan on eventually branching off and doing things on my own, but until then, I like where I am.
    The fi is working on his bachelor's degree in Physics, possibly teaching afterwards while he attends grad school for astro-physics.

I'd have to say we are a TERRIBLE match, honestly. Our tempers clash, we irritate eachother. But we have been through hell and back and are doing great. People think marrying this young will just lead to us splitting apart, but if we were going to break up, we definitely would have already.

Daisypath Vacation tickers
    July 2013 Knotties March Siggy Challenge - Accessories!
  • My FI and I met online just over a year ago (November 2010) - and we really ought to make up a more exciting story...

We both have children (him 2 and me 1) all teenagers. Neither of us wanted a relationship when we met, doing the online dating thing was just a way of meeting new people and getting out (he is the most un-sociable person I have ever met) a bit more. Anywho, after our first date it was clear we got along very well and so decided to go out again. He admitted the other day that after the second date he thought, "oh I really like her".. (Embarassed)  and against our initial "don't want a relationship" feelings he asked me to be his girlfriend on Christmas eve.

After us both having had challenging and difficult relationships in the past we found ours so natural, so normal and so healthy. Our children met a few months later and thank God they all get along like they've known each other forever.

On valentine's weekend he asked me to be his wife after having asked my son's permission 2 weeks before and then phoning my dad in the Caribbean to get his blessing shortly after. I cannot believe he did it and am so pleased.

My son is doing his end of school exams now and we're moving in together in about 3 months. Since my stepdaughter is doing hers next January we've decided to get married for next July though we'd love to do it earlier. It's happening in Saint Lucia (where I am from) so there is loads to save for.

Fi is a graphic designer and marketing consultant (self-employed) and I am a Project Manager in the city. We live in the UK and love spending time with the kids and going to spas for short breaks, walks and generally just relaxing in any spare moments we have.

It's so great reading about everyone and sharing this experience. Being engaged is so much fun...

• FI and I met through mutal friends at the time, one of which decided to play match maker. However, since it worked, we dont complain. We were together a little bit over a year before we got engaged last August. We have been living together with his father, while we save up to buy our own house.

I am a college graduate with degrees in chemistry and forensic science, however due to the economy there havent been any job prospects in that field. So I am currently working two jobs, one as a hostess the other as a pharmacy techician. FI is currently working for a pharmacetical packing company as supervisor.

We enjoy spending time with our puppy, Kodiak, being outdoors - hiking, and the dog park.
  • @ncompton: Being engaged IS fun!

@jennifer: I was a part-time pharmacy tech for 2 years between when I graduated college and got my current job.  One of the most interesting, but difficult jobs I've had.  I definitely learned a lot about insurance!

FI and I met 6 years ago, when I was 19 and he was almost 21.  We started talking online (I think we met on myspace... how lame!) and became friends.  Then I invited him to come to my college campus and be my date for a dance there.  One of the most bold moves I've ever made!  He came and we had a great time!  After the dance, we played Yahtzee until about 2 am with a couple of my friends.  If I remember right, he got something like 3 yahtzees in a row!  When he left that night, I walked him to his car and got... a handshake!  He came back a couple days later and we had our first official date at the local pizza place then stargazing from the library lawn on campus.  He didn't shake my hand that night... I got my first kiss instead :) 

Our relationship was long distance until about 6 months ago, when I finally got a job in his town and was able to move!  It is absolutely amazing being able to see him everyday!  Now we have so many exciting things happening!  Besides planning a wedding, we're also looking for a house!

I graduated college almost 3 years ago with a BA in English (minor in secondary ed.) and also want to write a novel someday. I work for a local convenience store in their training and HR departments.  I'm a temp in HR for a woman on maternity leave and I'm learning the ropes of the administrative assistant in training, who is taking on a new position over the next few months.  I'll probably take over her job when she moves over entirely.  I love the company I work for.  It's such a great place, and all my co-workers are so nice!  I don't think I've met a person yet that I didn't like. The training department even threw a pot luck for me for my birthday on Friday!  It's a small department so they can do that for everyone :)  My boss also gave me an extra large (like 8 inches across!) chocolate chip cookie because I told him those were my favorite.  Hands down, best boss ever! 

FI works for his dad (I suppose he's a good boss too!) who owns a professional sound and lighting business.  They sell speakers, microphones, DJ equipment and lights, and also do repairs and installs.  FI is kind of a sound geek, but it means we have great connections!  They installed the sound system in the church we're looking at and sold the equipment to our DJ!  Woo!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I met a year ago at one of his fraternity's parties.  We talked a little, but nothing serious.  Last August I was checking people in (I was a resident assistant at the time) and he checked in.  Turns out his roommate was another RA and we kept asking about the other person.  Eventually we started dating, and got engaged on Christmas Day.

We're both finishing up our undergrad and then I'll work full time while he goes to PA school.  I need the experience to help me get into a part time MBA program.  

We haven't been together as long as most of you, but we've been through a lot.  As soon as we got engaged, I lost my job, my sister had surgery on both of her feet, and my dad just had back surgery.  It's been a crazy ride, but we always find a way to have fun and spend time together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Hi everyone! 

So I'm 22, so is the FI. We met in 9th grade, and started dating just a few months later after we were cast as husband and wife in the school play. We've been engaged since Dec 24th, 2009. It was all his idea to get engaged that early! I made us wait till 2013 to get married though, just so we'd be a bit more stable. We live in Pittsburgh Pa now, and I'm starting to warm up to it. We have my dog from when I was kid, his name is Jake, a guinea pig and a fish :) we barley have free time but when we do, we usually go to the movies or go out with friends.

Anyway, I went to school at NYU as a biochem major and it was ROUGH, so I decided to take a couple years off to recoup before going to vet school. So now I work as a full time nanny to a lovely one year old girl, and i work part time at a barn and equine vet hospital. 

so happy to get to know more about you girls! everyone is so interesting, haha

July 2013 Knotties June Siggy Challenge - Location, Location, Location!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Green Lantern Inn, in Beautiful Fairport, NY!
  • Hi Everyone!!

My FI and I met in New Year's Eve four years ago. All of my friends were heading into Boston, which I wasn't up for, so my sister forced me to a local bar with her. She was meeting up with a guy she had been talking to who was actually a kid I graduated HS with. She met up with him and he just so happened to bring his roomate who was very good-looking! I figured it would be a good night, but I wasn't looking for a relationship. I had gotten out of a 5-year serious, but not healthy relationship, and had convinced myself I needed a good year or so to focus on myself. Little did I know I was spending the night with my future hubby!

Anways, this bar happened to have arcade games in a different room, so he kicked my butt at a basketball game and I thought, who doesn't let the girl win??!! We had a great night, dancing to the band that was playing and getting to know each other a bit. When it was midnight, he was a gentleman and gave me a kiss on the cheek. So cute!
    We ended up hanging out afterwards, at a little "after party" and he said to me "you're the girl I'm going to marry"....which I thought was a little weird...but to this day he said he knew as soon as he met me that I was the one!

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and we went on a few dates and after a year of dating, we moved in together! We now have 2 dogs, Jovi and Tyson, and 2 cats, Solara and Roxy, all rescues that we adore! I teach 1st grade and Joel is a finance manager for Toyota. We're currently looking to upgrade houses and plan a wedding (obviously Smile) so it's a very exciting time in our lives!

It's been so fun reading everyone's story! I'm so excited to be sharing this amazing time with people going through the same thing! :)

• Hey Ladies!!!

My name is Jessica and my FI's name is Troy we have an almost two year old son named Trent who means the entire world to us both! I work in an out-patient lab and my FI is an electrician; we met through mutual friends his best friend from before kindergarten was dating my older sister at the time and they played match maker we owe it all to them!

My FI definitely surprised me when he proposed I had a feeling it was coming but after he took me to my favorite restaurant (and I left without a ring) I thought that I had read him wrong but on the way back to our place he stopped the car and asked me to walk with him. This to me was so strange because he is usually a very predictable person but I got out of the car and we waked to a gazebo where he handed me a remote (yes I said a remote) I automatically pressed the on switch on this remote which in turn lit up the entire gazebo that was covered in rose's and Christmas lights he then pulled out a metal rose and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and I said Yes!!! He then opened the rose which contained the ring and he put it on my finger with the biggest smile on his face, he proposed in November of 2009.

My FI got an unexpected present on his 24th birthday Aug. 6th 2010 we found out I was pregnant which in turn pushed back our wedding date we thought it would be too much to have the wedding and plan for a baby so we just kept pushing back our date until this year we finally can afford to start planning our wedding again!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards