July 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What's up wedding-wise this week? Working on a DIY? Invites? Fill us in!

Mine isn't related to OUR wedding. . . FH thinks I need a break and hid my binder! Yell(I kid you not.) But. . . one of my very best childhood friend's wedding invite came in the mail on Saturday. I'm so excited to go and see her beautiful day (almost exactly a month before ours). FH isn't coming with me as it's back in Michigan and I am just flying in Friday, wedding Saturday, flying back Sunday and taking care of the dog would be a huge pain. . . but my parents and sister are going, and I am close to her and her siblings and most of her cousins (I grew up in a small town, can you tell? Cool) so it should be fun even without FH. :) I was so excited and knew she would be DYING to get the RSVP's back that I filled it out and went right back to the mail box and sent it back to her. lol 

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    That's exciting Mallory! So true about the RSVPs, I will always return them right away now! lol

For me, I think I just went through my last invitation proof with the stationer and I'm ready to order! Also, the linens I ordered came yesterday...but no one was home and they needed a signature, so I changed delivery to pick them up tomorrow instead. I can't wait to see them in person!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Invitations should be arriving this week! I won't send them out until May, but I wanted enough time to get matching belly bands.  I also realized I forgot to include our website on the invitations, so now I've got to pick-up some paper to make a matching card - doh!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need to get invites weighed tomake surethe 66 cent stamp will cover it. I have been told it will but want to be sure!

I need to get on the Cricut and start cutting my cupcake wrappers. I need 130 of them and it will take HOURS!

Beyond wedding my FI will be here this weekend! SO EXCITED!Sealed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just shopping around for the best price for linens, petticoat, belt for my dress and my garter. I'm not buying them just yet, but I need to start looking so I can save. I can tell that I am already going to be coming in way under!! This weekend FI and I are taking a break away from work and everything else to get away. We are going to Sacramento Beer Week!! We are really excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was really hoping this week would be flowers and just working on a few DIY projects. My mom came by last night and brought a huge bag full of things for my bridal shower, some unassembeled favors etc.... She told me my aunt doesn't have time to plan my party, although she is still hosting ( she's in the middle of a company buy out currently, so I'm great full she is hosting) and my mom said she doesn't have time to plan it either, she started dumping the contents of the bag on my kitchen table, telling me what website to order the invites from and giving me menus of caterers and telling me to pick one and make sure I am able to also attend their tasting before the shower. Really?? Like I didn't have enough on my plate!!! I'll be so thankful for july 5th to be here, I am SO over all of this wedding planning stuff!! On the bright side, I'm leaving to do flowers in a few hours!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:44d19182-39d7-4ac0-87f9-f5af442f9d4dPost:441a1f31-8090-4fe6-816d-97aaac831d2f">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was really hoping this week would be flowers and just working on a few DIY projects. My mom came by last night and brought a huge bag full of things for my bridal shower, some unassembeled favors etc.... She told me my aunt doesn't have time to plan my party, although she is still hosting ( she's in the middle of a company buy out currently, so I'm great full she is hosting) and my mom said she doesn't have time to plan it either, she started dumping the contents of the bag on my kitchen table, telling me what website to order the invites from and giving me menus of caterers and telling me to pick one and make sure I am able to also attend their tasting before the shower. Really?? Like I didn't have enough on my plate!!! I'll be so thankful for july 5th to be here, I am SO over all of this wedding planning stuff!! On the bright side, I'm leaving to do flowers in a few hours!!
    Posted by Brittywest05[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh no! Could you recruit one or more of your BM's to help? 

</div>
  • I got the sash for my dress yesterday, so now I just have to find flowers to sew onto it. I also met with a different invitation lady last night as I'm still trying to find the right invites.  This weekend I'm going to my first cake tasting! Finally, something fun!
  • I need to go get my dress from my mom for alternations on Mar 19th...get a quote on the postage cost for the invites...do some decor shopping (almost done!)...either DYI of monogramed water bottles for OOT bags or anny gift for my MOH. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • We need to get our photographer situation figured out (may have to change photographers).
    Our guestbook should be arriving tomorrow.
    Trying to figure out what shoes I want to wear and where I want to buy the ring bearer's outfits from.
    Been working on our website, registry, and honeymoon itinerary as well.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yesterday I visited my BM that had her baby on Monday. She's a tiny, little, 3 lb premie and so stinking cute already. I also gave her our wedding invite, so shes officially the first RSVP back lol Today fi and I have another day off and we'll be overhauling the house, cleaning the spare bedroom and making sure its all presentable for guests. I'm throwing a little birthday festivous come April and that'll be here quick! We're also still working on pomanders and addressing invites. Both are 2 person projects but should only take a few more days. I will be one happy camper once both those DIYs are complete!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards