July 2013 Weddings
Options

First Dance Song

Just curious as to what everyone is doing for their first dance?

Re: First Dance Song

• Options
    Thousand Years- Christina Perri. I love the song, very meaningful for us. Just wont don't tell FI that its from Twilight!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    no idea! FI hates every song!!
  • Options
    Beauty and the Beast haha. We are having a private first dance though so nobody will see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cant take my eyes off you.
  • Options
    Can't Help Falling in Love by Michael Buble
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    Spend my life with you by Eric Benet
  • Options
    The Luckiest by Ben Folds
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We were thinking of 'This Magic Moment' by the drifters. But then Justin Timberlake released his new song 'Mirrors' and I absolutely love it (I'm the biggest JT fan in the world lol, we are ending our honeymoon by flying into LA for his concert) so we might do that instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance is voting for Into the Mystic by Van Morrison. It's one of his favorite songs of all time and the closest thing to "our song" that we have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are dancing to "Love Me Tender" by Norah Jones....we both love it and its just under 3 mins!! :
  • Options
    Honey Bee by Blake Shelton 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wont give up by Jason Mraz
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:545817c9-d17d-4123-ac8a-bc1c17b29b38Post:1d2e50e4-f5bb-4798-b6a2-578c928129fd">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Luckiest by Ben Folds
    Posted by CKSillyPants[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! Love that song!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:545817c9-d17d-4123-ac8a-bc1c17b29b38Post:e600d663-70bb-43f3-9ac7-ce252a51d691">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Dance Song : ME TOO! Love that song!
    Posted by UnderTheEiffel[/QUOTE]
    Aw, yay! It's such a beautiful and sweet song.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:First Dance Song:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Dance Song:In Response to Re: First Dance Song : ME TOO! Love that song!Posted by UnderTheEiffelAw, yay! It's such a beautiful and sweet song. Posted by CKSillyPants[/QUOTE]

Also a top contender for us. Its so sweet!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Then by Brad Paisley
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In the aero plane over the sea by neutral milk hotel. Yup, we are weirdos but it is a beautiful song.
  • Options
    Overjoyed by Matchbox Twenty 
  • Options
    Just like Getting2Vowels, we're officially at "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz.

There's a *SLIGHT* possibility of making it "Chasing Cars" by snow patrol (FI loves that song, but it's a little non-traditional)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013

Thompson Square "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not." :)

The song has meaning for two really aww-kinda reasons for us:

*Our second date, FI walked me to my car after serving me a wonderful home cooked meal and literally stood fifty feet away from me, across the street, and asked me if I wanted to go out again. No hug, no kiss. I drove home thinking, what a weirdo - that was a really good date otherwise! On our third date, after not making a move all night, I finally powered through a couple of drinks and kissed him. It was very sweet!

*Shortly after the kissing date, we actually went to go see Thompson Square perform as part of a Christmas show in our city. FI isn't a country fan but immediately picked up on that song and brought it up later as being "our song" due to the kissing saga.

So, when it came time to pick - it was a no brainer! I get teary eyed every time I hear it and think about this nervous guy running away from me :)

• Options
    Give it All We Got Tonight by George Strait
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love "The Luckiest" too! But FI vetoed it :-(

We had picked "Your Song" by Elton John, but then we were sitting at a restaurant one night and "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" came on, and I burst into tears. I managed to get out, "I love this song!" and FI said, "I do too"...so now that's our song :-)
  • Options
    We are doing Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban.
  • Options
    "Then" by Brad Paisley
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

we chose "god bless the broken road" by rascal flatts. It has been our song for years so it was perfect!

• Options
    "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon.  We were really close friends (and actually roommates) before we started dating, so this song fits us perfectly!  Plus REO is FI's favorite group!
  • Options
    My Endless Love Luther Vandross Mariah Carey. this song is so pretty and meaningful. love every word
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards