July 2013 Weddings
Options

*happy dance* Bridesmaids and Other Progress!

I now have asked all my bridesmaids!  I asked my FSIL and she was thrilled!  I was cooking dinner and she was hanging out.  She said she was going to help me a lot with my wedding to distract her and keep her busy for the next year (her BF is overseas right now and won't be back for a year).  I decided that it was the right moment, so I said, "Well I may as well ask you now then!  Will you be my bridesmaid?"  And she got excited and hugged me.  Then she told FMIL, who was really excited and gave me a hug too!  I guess they weren't expecting that I would ask her!  We aren't very close because she's much younger than FI, but she's super sweet and we've been getting closer as we get closer to being sisters!  I'm so happy now that I've asked all 3 of my bridesmaids!

In other news, we have chosen our reception venue!  It's this gorgeous banquet hall on a golf course.  We had a girls' outing last weekend with my mom, sister, FMIL and FSIL to look at 3 different venues, and the other 2 didn't compare to the one we chose!  It was unanimous.  Besides the beautiful view and hall, the best part was the lady/owner/coordinator we talked to.  She was so nice and helpful.  She is very detail-oriented and just gave us all a good feeling about booking there.  I know she's going to take care of us very well.  I just have to send in the contract and deposit and we are official!!! 

Our parents have also started their guest lists, which is interesting.  It sounds like we're going to have a bigger wedding than I was originally anticipating... Like 200 people invited, maybe more.  I was hoping for smaller because I don't like large crowds, especially when I don't know a lot of the people there.  Mostly, it's going to be family, but his parents have a bunch of friends and we're getting married in his hometown.  I expect we won't have everyone there, especially because it'll be the day after 4th of July, but the number is still a little daunting! Oh well.  I've started a google doc for us all to add to, which I think will be helpful.
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: *happy dance* Bridesmaids and Other Progress!

• Options
    Congrats on your checks!

Where is the majority of your friends/family in comparison to his hometown?
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    My parents live about 2 1/2 hours from his hometown (where I live too now) and most of their friends will be coming from there.  My extended family lives about 2+ hours away (in the opposite direction of my parents lol!)  My friends are everywhere because no one could sit still after college!  Some as close as my parents, but others as far away as Colorado and Illinois (I'm right on the boarder of Wisconsin and Minnesota)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards