July 2013 Weddings
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Today, after about 9 months of being silent on the topic, FI's dad and stepmom brought up the RD... not only did they confirm that they are hosting, but they said they would host at the restaurant where FI and I had our first date! I am really excited! Last summer they offered to host and asked for suggestions re: location, but after that it was never brought up again, so I was beginning to think that it wasn't going to happen. I feel so much better now. :) So if all goes well, we will be downing tacos and margaritas at our first date spot, post-rehearsal.

For those of you who are having RD's, I want to hear all about it! How many guests? What kind of food? Who's paying? Are you having it the night before the wedding? Location with special significance?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    CleverThoughtCleverThought member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    The FIL's are paying for ours. It's being held at a local hotel, not the one where our wedding is at, but where one of our hotel blocks are at. It'll be held on the 5th, so the evening before. We had a tasting with the caterer, and I think we're having a really relaxed BBQ type feel - since the wedding is really formal.

Off the top of my head I think ~30ish, but I'm not completely sure. My mom is from Texas originally, so we have a decent amount of OOT guests and there's kind of tension of "we should properly host them", but FIL's not really wanting to pay - which is understandable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    Fi's parents have not only graciously offered to pay for the RD but they are also offering an extra cocktail hour. I couldn't be more grateful. We are having it at the sister facility that our venue owners own. Its right up the road from church so very convenient. We'll only have about 15 people, the night before the wedding, so it'll be very intimate. We haven't finalized a menu yet but I trust FMILs decision so if she picks it I'm completely ok with that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're having it the night before the wedding at a local Itilian restaurant. They have a private room, so we'll be able to decorate a little, and talk/migle without worrying about being in the way, being too loud, etc. It's very close to the church and not far from the hotel where everyone is staying so the location was a deciding factor. We're serving a buffet of rolls, salad, pasta, pizza, and bread sticks and will have enough beer/wine for everyone to have a glass or two but they'll have to buy any mixed drinks or additional beer/wine if they would like. FH and I are paying (our parents each gave us X amount of $ for the entire wedding) and we're going to have 40+ people at the rehersal so we can't afford much more than that. 
  • Options
    We are having ours at a fancy Mexican restaurant in their private room. FI parents are graciously treating, and doing a full service bar!! We are having roughly 50 ish people, including OOT guests, pastor, DOC, and our families and bridal parties. We are doing it 2 nights before the wedding, only since we have a 2 year old and we want to be able to take him out to see fireworks on the fourth of July!! My FI family loves to eat at this restaurant every time they come to town. Side note FI and I don't eat Mexican food, and we will be having quesadillas at our dinner :/
  • Options
    My sister and her DH have graciously offered to pay for it and host it at their home. I am so excited! I think there will be around 35 people there, mainly WP and parents. No idea about food or anything else and I am fine with that I trust my sister!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Ours is the night before at The Coast Guard House - a fun restaurant across the street from our venue.  Everyone is invited since all guests are traveling to the wedding, not everyone is coming but I would say 60-100, it's really more of a Welcome Party than a RD.  We have a private room on the roof deck where lots of people will be partying for 4th of July, so should be TONS of fun and we'll be able to go outside to catch the fireworks in Newport and surrounding towns.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My FIL's are hosting our rehersal dinner the night before our wedding at the resort where our ceremony and reception will be. We are having at least 30 people which include us, the WP(&dates), Pastor and his wife, our parents, junior bridesmaids (and parents). I think our list will grow as we see who is coming from OOT and who makes reservations at the resort for the night before the wedding. We are having a BBQ outside under a pavillion, it is right off of the golf course. FIL's decided to have a cash bar for the evening and I think that's fine. We are excited for the BBQ and we plan to give our gifts to the WP and parents that night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards