July 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

How on earth is it Wednesday already!? I've had a terrible cold and I think I skipped a few whole days on this cracked out cough syrup. Foot in mouth Anyway. . . what's on your mind wedding wise? Any great checks since last week? Gripes? Worries? Dreams? 

I got one of my most worrysome checks done. The cake! A local grocery store actually makes them and they are beautiful! They don't need my actual order until 2 weeks prior to the wedding, but FH and I are going for a tasting the first week of April. It's $2 a serving for buttercream frosting, any filling we'd like, decorations, and delivery. Woot! Coming in WAY under budget on this one. HUGE props to my mom for popping in there for me yesterday to talk to them. Planning a wedding from 8 hours away is NOT easy. 

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    Oh the wedding! =D I started rolling napkins and siverware like the reteraunts do. I need 250 and I made 48. Which then the dog proceded to lick and sniff through the basket of them so they were unrolled and the napkins were tossed for hygenic reasons. Lesson learned.

I have to call and get my hair appt. moved half an hour to allow for more photo time pre wedding.  Also a big run to the craft store to night to get as much of my DIY stuff I can so I can start hauling butt on these things.

One nightmare about showing up to my bridal shower where there were 500 people and I had makeup smeared all over my face and was in my wedding dress. The people were all very nice about it though. Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing for me except more tulle. Fi and I are still working on the 4th ball but we we took a few days off. Maybe I'll finish it tomorrow. 6 more to go. Tomorrow is also my one day off in 8 days and I plan on getting my hair done.Lots of grays are showing and i cant have that lol. Other than that Im visiting mom Saturday to work on my cake box.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Awesome news on the cake Mallory!

Alyssa, stinks about your dog...he/she probably thought he/she was being helpful!

Well like I posted over on FB, one of my bridesmaids might not be able to come to the wedding which is awful :-(....but I completely understand. And not to sound cheap, but the only updside is that at least I'll save a few hundred dollars (bm gift, bouquet, plus both of their booze, food, and chairs) lol

Last week I found the perfect flower girl dress for my baby niece at Target..the material texture and color are reeeeally close to what the bridesmaids and my other niece are wearing..and the dress was only $20! Today we are going to have my other niece try dresses on for sizing (already have her dress picked out though) and then we're going to order her dress and all of the bridesmaids'!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sent in the deposit for our florist and string quartet this week as well as signed the contract for the hotel block. The biggest pain in my side is invites, so I will be one happy bride once I get through that one!
  • Options
    Alyssa, that sounds like something that my dog would do too! He tried to "help" me when I was doing invites. He stole a few of my things but thankfully I was still able to use them.

We booked our bathroom rentals and beer rentals this week. I got a call that FI's ring is in but I am waiting to go get it until they have my ring in too.

We are also going to book our tent,chair,table, rentals by the end of this month too! I need to order my veil, the belt for my dress, and the slip. I am going to wait until I start working a little more(or start my new job) to get those things! I also bought both of my plane tickets to go home in May for my bridal shower and do wedding things in PA!

I know I posted this on FB too, but one of my bridesmaid booked a flight to come out during her spring break to visit me in CA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:68b7f8d5-e20a-4f94-bc0e-e48678dc4ffbPost:15c45781-ba75-4053-af54-c0dd6a8bdb1f">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh the wedding! =D I started rolling napkins and siverware like the reteraunts do. I need 250 and I made 48. Which then the dog proceded to lick and sniff through the basket of them so they were unrolled and the napkins were tossed for hygenic reasons. Lesson learned. I have to call and get my hair appt. moved half an hour to allow for more photo time pre wedding.  Also a big run to the craft store to night to get as much of my DIY stuff I can so I can start hauling butt on these things. <strong>One nightmare about showing up to my bridal shower where there were 500 people and I had makeup smeared all over my face and was in my wedding dress. The people were all very nice about it though. Haha.</strong>
    Posted by alyssaames[/QUOTE]

<div>I had almost the EXACT same bridal shower dream. It was also taking place at some VFW hall with rocking chairs and animal heads. Terrifying. I called my mom to verify that our church (where the shower is as well) had not hung any animal heads in friendship hall. lol</div>
  • Options
    We actually have gotten some stuff done this week! :)

We finally ordered the invites, gave the proof approval, and they are now in printing! Should arrive in about 10 days. YAAAAAAY.

I made my appt for my hair the week before the wedding, along with appts for my first dress fitting, a walk-through for the rental company, tasting at the rehearsal dinner venue and day after brunch venue, and trying on bridesmaid dresses round two!

Transportation arrangements are also currently under negotiation.

We got our bottles of wine for our welcome bags and figured out what we're going to do about our sourdough loaves.

We're looking into where to book *our* room for the wedding weekend extravaganza... the place I love is a bit pricey, though. So we'll have to see about that.

AND we finished our registries! (William Sonoma and Bloomingdales -- BOTH are amazing to work with if you're still looking for a store to register at).

FEELS GOOD, MAN.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    The only thing I have been thinking about is MY DRESS!!!!

I cant stop thinking about it damn it!!! I want it! So, i emailed my sister and she is givng me ideas on how I can get it. She said she did a google search and found it anywhere from $400-$1500. I am a tad leary about those "designer like" dress sites though.
    But Friday we are having a pot luck at work which means the afternoon is a blow off, plus I worked Sunday and Tuesday when we were closed for a few hours so I have some to use. Anyway, mu supervisor, old supervisor, and a few co-workers are going to come with me to the salon so I can try it on again and they can sneak pics of me :). I just cant stop thinking of this damn thing and its putting a shadow over every other dress!!!!

Other than that we still dont have an officiant!!! That is my biggest worry!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    My only current wedding-related thing that has consumed my mind is doing a boudoir shoot. Are any of you doing one?? 

I'm a very self-conscious person but I know my FH would flip if I left it for him to open the night before the wedding. I've been in touch with a studio that does just boudoir and the woman seems super nice and easy to work with.....but I'm sooo nervous to do it! She stressed to me that it doesn't have to be barely clothed....it can be robes, maybe a Patriots jersey...that kind of stuff. I can't believe it, but I think I'm going to go for it! Ah!

Aside from that....we meet with our florist a week from tomorrow. Very excited about that. We also decided to have an "open bar" at our beach bonfire the night before the wedding. We're hiring an attendant to serve beer and wine to our guests who are on the Cape the night before. There's also going to be stuff to make s'mores! Yum! :)
  • Options
    We only just got our Save The Dates out. :x
    I'm frustrated that it took us this long, but FI has been super busy and it took a long time for him to round up addresses for his side of the family. I don't have contact info for anyone that knows their addresses or I would have done it (and I have massive phone anxieties)!
    On the plus side, I got them out. I was sad for a bit because I thought they weren't going out and they just look so awesome I want everyone to see them! I'm definitely feeling better.
    And now that we have addresses I won't have to stress come invite time! Whoo!

In other news, my mom hasn't started on my dress yet and she's making me super anxious. Everytime I bring it up she has some new sickness that prevents her from working on it. I really hope I don't end up having to buy one from a store.

We also purchased plane tickets for our honeymoon! I AM STOKED! We are looking for hotels through the military travel program thingy, so we don't have those yet, but I'm not terribly concerned about that.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Not much for us.  I still need to figure out who we're going to go through for cake... I'm so hoping I can find cake for $2/per serving or less!  I don't care that much about the cake except I want it to taste good.  We have a "wedding workshop" at the church, with all the other couples getting married at that church this year.  It's going to be something like meeting with the organist/pianist, finding out which pastor will marry us and which "wedding coordinator" (just a lady from the church who will help with the ceremony only) we'll get, and start premarital counseling.  FI is so NOT looking forward to it.  He's one of the "it's not your business" kind of people when it comes to personal things and I know he's been dreading this part of things.  We did the "Prepare-Enrich" surveys this evening and I suppose that will be part of it.  We'll see hoow it goes!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards