July 2013 Weddings

TGIF - What are you girls up to this weekend?

Today - Went on what was supposed to be a little fact-finding mission with my sister/MOH and ended up deciding on my bridesmaid dresses! I am letting my girls choose between two dresses at Davids Bridal, but have a feeling we'll end up going one way or the other. FH and I are doing dinner and a movie tonight, it's our Friday night ritual. :) 

Tomorrow - Headed to Kalamazoo to pick up my FIL's and then on down to Shipshawanna (sp?) to poke around. We spent Easter with my family so we need to go see FH's parents, and I have never been to Shipshawanna so we thought that might be something fun to do. **EDIT**  FMIL just called, apparently she's not feeling well and cancelled on us. Which, kind of works out. My parents are coming in to town to give my sister her car back, so I'll get to see them and have lunch now. :) Also, it opened us up to accept a dinner invitation with one of FH's GM and his wife.

Sunday - I work in the morning, then I'll have to help FH get ready for his 8 day business trip. I'll send him off to the airport around 3:00p and then probably spend some time working on the guest list and designing our invites. 

Re: TGIF - What are you girls up to this weekend?

• I am actually leaving California for Maryland tomorrow! I've been away for 4 months and now I'm moving in with my old roommate/MOH for a few weeks while I start my new job and get settled back into the state :) I'm actually the MOH for her upcoming wedding in June and this week I'm helping her finish her invitations, so I'm really excited for that! But I'm also really bummed because FI and I had to say our good-byes today :( We saw Titanic in 3D and spent a lot of time together, though, so that was fun! Can't wait to see him again in late June/early July, which is when we'll finalize our date for next year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Birdie, that's really exciting but I know it has to be hard for you too! Where about in MD are you going to be? FH and I will be moving to the Rockville area at the beginning of June for his new job. I'm really sad to be leaving our house, all of our friends and family. However, I am also very excited for the next leg of our journey together to start. Safe travels! 
  • Walkers, that sounds like so much fun! I've heard cool things about Amish markets, but we don't have an abundance of Amish people in California. My weekend is going to be awful, to be perfectly honest. I need to turn in a first draft of my thesis proposal on Monday, and I have almost nothing done. The professor is also a nightmare to write for, one of the ones with a bunch of very specific things he wants you to do, but doesn't feel inclined to share them with you until grading. I'm 90 sure i'm going to have too retake this class, and i've never gotten anything below a B plus, so needing to repeat a class is not an easy pill to swallow. long story short, please wish me luck with this crazy paper, and if you see me posting on theknot, tell me to get back to work!
  • I'm working all weekend :( I wish I could have every weekend off like normal people. I would love to be playing outside with my FI and our son he got a bouncy house for his birthday and today has been the first nice day since his birthday, and he is very anxious to go outside and play.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Bouncy houses sound so much fun. Im 31 and Id sleep in there if not for the gaggle of kids that's always in them lol I'm not ashamed! : I have to work all day today. Last night I worked till about midnight and had to get up at the asscrack of dawn to come in again. Fi and I decided to grill up some steaks tomorrow so I'm excited for some adult beverages along side of dinner!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kls33145kls33145 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I woke up early and took a Zumba class with my FSIL! Trying to get back into the groove of working out (car accident last year has completely thrown my life through a couple loops; nothing too serious, thank god, but injections in my neck and anti-seizure meds to stop neck spasms have made life a little less enjoyable) and loving the workout that Zumba gives! There's a 5k coming up in July that I really want to do and the Falmouth Road Race (7.2 miles) in August that I'm aiming to do! WOO! Motivated to get back in shape!!

Aside from that, trying to get our house ready to be appraised. Currently my FI and his sister own it and have the mortgage under their names. We're refinancing and getting it under my name and are looking to rent it out in the near future while we make the move into a larger house. We've completely gutted it and it's pretty much all set to go! I'll be cleaning all day and taking breaks every 10 minutes to let our puppy out....7 months old and she still cries to go out ALL the time!

I'm on April school vacation which is amazing! Crazy New England weather says it's going to be 88degrees on Monday so I'm trying to get housework done so I can be out and about enjoying the weather then! Kinda wish I had a jumpy for that day....

Dinner date tonight with my FI who works insane hours...can't wait for that! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards