July 2013 Weddings
Options

Picked the date. Now what?

we picked our date it is july 4th. colors are black and pink. wanting it to be kind of country..maybe cowboy hats..now sure..any ideas are welcome:)

Re: Picked the date. Now what?

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    July 4th 2013??!  Holy moly, you better start hiring all of your vendors pronto! I couldn't even imagine trying to plan a wedding in less than 4 months!

I'd recommend pinterest for ideas. The rustic look (barn wedding, haybales with sheets for ceremony seating, burlap and lace decor with daisies/baby's breath/sunflowers, mason jars, etc.) is really big right now. (Also try typing "lace and burlap wedding" for ideas)

I also wouldn't over-do the black. It's sort of a dark color for a summer country theme -- but you could definitely pull it off with little accents here and there.

Getting the girls in cowboy boots with sundresses and the guys with cowboy hats would be super cute. I also love the idea of really good comfort food and bbq for dinner, with classic southern drinks (mint juleps, anyone?).

.... anyway, haha!
    Pinterest will be a perfect source of inspiration. Get crackin'! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    What she said. ^^^^^^^

Welcome to the board! If you need any help/suggestions on specifics, let us know! :) 
  • Options
    znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hello and welcome! 
    Hope you get everything done in time! 
  • Options
    I am planning my wedding in a pretty short timeframe too. I would say the first thing is to pick the venue. Then get your other vendors lined up - photographer, florist, etc. Also, you'll need to pick your wedding party and think about dress shopping, especially if you'll need to order one. Personally, I'm going for something off the rack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!! We are here if you need suggestions or input on anything :)
  • Options
    Yikes.. and a holiday wedding at that.  Happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013

Get your wedding dress! I ordered mine in January and still had to pay a rush fee for it to be ready by late June!

Another thing that has taken longer than I expected is settling on a guestlist (soliciting input from me, FI and our respective families) and then selecting the right invites (look-and-feel compared to wedding theme, price, paper style - and trust me, I'm not fussy about paper!).

Good luck to you! Smile

OH: when I started shopping venues in January - many of them were already booked Fri-Sun through the summer. We ended up with a Friday evening at a venue I loved, but it wasn't my first choice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards