July 2013 Weddings

Ups and Downs

Wow, this has been quite the week/last weekend.  On Friday/Saturday FI and I went up to visit my parents and on Sat my sister (MOH) picked out her bridesmaid dress!  The designer is Bill Levkoff.  I decided that since my other 2 bridesmaids couldn't make it and since I didn't care too much if all 3 wore the same dress or not (esp since my BFF is hoping to be pregnant again by my wedding!), my sister would get to pick out her dress first and the other two could wear that dress if they wanted or pick out a different one.  I think FSIL will just get the same as my sister, but I'd be surprised if BFF got the same one.  That designer has a couple of maternity-style dresses  and the price is quite reasonable.  My sister looks so cute in the one she picked out!

The lighting in that place is kind of awful.  It won't be black either -  it'll be yellow!  This designer had the best yellow of all the samples the consultant showed me.  The dress is chiffon-ish with a satin-y belt and flowers on the side.  We liked that one the best and came back to it after she had tried on all the others.  I asked her if she wanted to pick out any others and try them on and she said no.  I asked if she wanted to pick this dress and she said yes!  It hasn't been ordered yet - she said she wanted to wait until Dec when we all will go and FSIL and BFF will get to pick theirs.

As for the downs, FI and I had a really hard discussion on Sunday.  We almost postponed the wedding and almost took a break!  But, we're still together and the wedding is still on for July 5.  I'm glad we had that talk and we're much better now.  I think we got into a little bit of a rut.  The tough convo needed to happen though, although it still makes us both sad to think about it.  I haven't been around as much and won't be as often because part of this was we agreed to limit electronics while we're together so we can focus on each other.  We're also intensifying our house hunt (got on in our sight but our realtor is off deer hunting right now!) and if we don't find anything within the next few weeks, I'm going to start looking for an apartment (currently, I'm living with FI's grandma - which is free, but I can't stand it! and FI lives with his parents) since that was part of why I was in a rut and unhappy.

Well, that's my week.  Definitely some ups and downs.  I got a good reminder though, of what I'm thankful for - timely with Thanksgiving around the corner.  And, I've got to do some baking - which will help pick up my week!  Can't wait for some days off and good ol' family time!
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ups and Downs

• Definitely here you on the rut. FI and I went through one recently as well and it sucked. We had to talk through it and realize that we were not spending enough time together and when we were together we were busy on our electronics. We also were doing good things for eachother, not for wanting to but because we expected something in return. We just had to talk it out, it isnt the most fun of conversations but it eased our minds and we werent as stressed anymore.

Hope everything is uphill for you guys from here forth. 

Btw, that dress is really cute!

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So glad for the dress find!! So sorry for "the talk." I think everyone goes through something like this, especially during stressful times. But, it shows a great relationship when you are able to talk things through and out in a mature way. So, while it is a low, it is still a GREAT THING you are learning with each other.

Good luck on the house hunt!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• been there done that.  :) i think all couples have the talk.  glad things worked out.  dress is too cute for words. 

my FI and I decided bit ago to move the wedding.  im staying here cause i looked on the other board and wasnt thrilled im hoping you ladies wont mind :) i havent gotten around to changing my ticker.  my issue was im moving in Feb to GA and then we were getting married end of july that gave 5 mths to get things hammered out and paid for.  i didnt see it happening.  we didnt wanna be stressed so we moved the date. 

• Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Southern - What did you change your wedding date to?

ETA - Nevermind, I checked your TK profile. 

Of course you are still more than welcome to post here! =)

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea, what date? And I would love to have you stay!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• may 27 2014.  thats 4 days before my bday and the day my gpa died so we are celebrating him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards