July 2013 Weddings
Options

Getting annoyed with FI

Its been a while since we picked our bridal party and FI has yet to ask the best man. The guy moved out of state months ago and keeps saying he'll be visiting home soon but weeks go by and he's always got a reason to not be here. They're childhood friends and a..ummm.. interesting character to say the least. Long story short I can understand why FI wants to wait and ask in person but at this rate he won't be visiting till Christmas. I haven't been pushy in asking at all but Im worried he'll never ask his best man to be the best man. Thoughts?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Getting annoyed with FI

• Options
    My FI was a pain with this too!!! And his best man lives a town away!!! I'm sure your FI is fully intending on asking him at an appropriate time (as far as days to the wedding goes) but you should definitely let him know how you are feeling about it. You shouldn't have to stress over something like that! I know us girls have presented our ladies with the question in special and unique ways, maybe there's something your FI can do, in a more manly way? Maybe an engraved flask that says "best man"....or a tshirt? That way it's not an over-the-phone question but it's special and will get it done sooner than waiting to ask him in person? Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    I think it's totally fine if he waits.  The guys don't have much to do at this point anyway.  Tuxes don't need to be arranged until just a few months before.  Christmas is just fine for asking the guys.  My FI has his best man already, but it's kind of like my sister as MOH... he already knew and didn't have to be asked.  With FI's groomsmen, however, he's waiting quite a while to ask them.  Probably summer at the very earliest... more like fall or later.  I wouldn't worry too much... he'll get there!  Also, unless your FI's friend is totally sentimental or whatever, I wouldn't give him a flask or anything with "best man" on it.  Maybe it's just me, but I'd be kind of embarrased carrying that around if I was a guy.  I wouldn't use anything that said "bridesmaid" on it either, personally.  But guys are usually less into stuff like that than girls are.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think it's natural for guys to wait.  Forgive me for being sexist/using gender stereotypes, but I think when us girls get to planning a wedding, we can't WAIT to pull it all together.  I've been looking at flowers/dresses/locations since we got engaged over a year ago.  I picked my bridesmaids a week after he put a ring on it, and FI is still meandering around the topic, thinking about it.  I of course want him to pick, so I can start better picturing the day, but he knows he had time and he wants to really think it over.  Maybe that's what your FI is doing?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. The best man isnt sentimental in the least but FI is and I know he wants to ask in person. I guess Im just anal when it comes to planning and if I know the best man then I can totally see him not caring about this in the least.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Honestly - we're not getting married until July. FI hasn't even chosen his side yet, and probably won't until late this year. I don't think it's a huge deal that your FI hasn't asked his best man yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    We have over a year to go. Its fine if he waits.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I know you're all right. I should just let it go and trust that he'll ask him eventually.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards