July 2013 Weddings
Options

Invitations??!?

Hey ladies,

When are you guys planning on sending out invitations? My maid of honor and her mother got on me the other day for not sending them out yet. WTF? From my understanding, they are not meant to be sent out until three months prior. Am I crazy?! 

5 more months to go!!

Re: Invitations??!?

• Options
    You're not. My fmil wanted one so ill be giving her one soon but we're not mailing out till mid March.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think the standard is 68 weeks but I might do mine a tad earlier.
  • Options
    My MOH said the same thing when I told her I haven't ordered them yet. She told me "good etiquette" was 6 months ahead of time...... She thought I was losing it when I told her I am not sending them until 6-10 weeks ahead of time.
  • Options
    Isn't 6 months only if you don't send a save the date? Etiquette schmetiquitte lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah 6 months is good for save the dates but way too early for invitations. I feel that if people get them too early they think they have plenty of time to RSVP that they throw the invitation aside and then forget about it. I'm just making sure they have enough time to get in the hotel block and for me to have time to get my final head count to the venue.
  • Options
    McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    I asked this question to the gals on the etiquette board, as I feel being a proper and gracious host is important, and having never hosted an event of this size and caliber I want to do the right thing.  Their response was 8 weeks was the right amount of time, so that you can have RSVPs 4 weeks prior.  Leaving you a week or two to contact those who hadn't RSVPed before your date for reporting to your caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_invitations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:a2e93892-bc62-4182-bb9b-e3a4a8e29c84Post:b4d608c1-b011-4fc3-8e22-87b451e38185">Re: Invitations??!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked this question to the gals on the etiquette board, as I feel being a proper and gracious host is important, and having never hosted an event of this size and caliber I want to do the right thing.  Their response was 8 weeks was the right amount of time, so that you can have RSVPs 4 weeks prior.  Leaving you a week or two to contact those who hadn't RSVPed before your date for reporting to your caterer.
    Posted by McRogol[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep. I have in my planner to send them out on May 1, with our RSVP date on June 1. </div>
  • Options
    I am sending mine out the week of April 22.
    RSVP date is June 12.(cut off date for room reservations, so I just made our RSVP the same day)
    Wedding is July 12

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is July 19. I plan to do "A" list invites 10-8 weeks out, and "B" list invites shortly after, hopefully 8-6 weeks out. So I'm looking at April. I've been looking at invites for about two weeks now. I want to have them made before the end of March.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_invitations-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:a2e93892-bc62-4182-bb9b-e3a4a8e29c84Post:515b2ff6-8774-4a2b-98b0-245112487895">Re: Invitations??!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitations??!? : Yep. I have in my planner to send them out on May 1, with our RSVP date on June 1. 
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Same here. 

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Im waiting til May. One RSVP date is beginning of June, one is Middle of June. I have one RSVP for work peeps, and another for everyone else.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards