July 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaids dress length

Ok fellow July brides are you doing long or short dresses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Bridesmaids dress length

• Options
    Short :) I don't want them to die because of the heat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    UGH. This was such a difficult decision because I don't want them to be hot, but at the same time we're having a black tie wedding, so it doesn't really seem appropriate for them to be short. :-/

At least it'll all take place in the evening so hopefully it won't be too warm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We also went with short. Its shimmer tafetta so not too heavy either.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Short and organza. Nice and light, while still being a more "formal" material. I would hate for them to be terribly uncomfortable and hot all day. Our wedding is early enough in the day that they'll be out in full sun for pics and whatnot. 
  • Options

Short and multi-way! :)  These are the dresses my girls will be wearing:

Convertible Bridesmaid Dress - Infinity Wrap

• Options
    My girls will be wearing long dresses.  I originally wanted short thinking it would be best because of the weather, but they all said they wanted long dresses.  So, if that's what they will be comfortable in, LONG IT IS!! At least the fabric is chiffon, so it's light, flowy and breezy.  They won't be too hot, if at all.
    www.weddingwire.com/CandiceandKev
  • Options
    My MOH(sister) is wearing a long dress and my BMs are wearing short. I've thought about getting my sister the short version of her dress to change into after pictures since I know it will be hot-so we'll see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    liane- are these the 2 birds bridesmaids dresses?  I think we are doing tea length my MOH feels better with lil more cover up and length. 
  • Options
    Definitely short! So much cuter and cooler!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Short in a light and airy material.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_bridesmaids-dress-length?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:aea6066f-6c68-4da8-8d8f-7c64222a88bcPost:41a4dca4-0eed-4beb-a883-a42f38dbc282">Re: Bridesmaids dress length</a>:
    [QUOTE]liane- are these the 2 birds bridesmaids dresses?  I think we are doing tea length my MOH feels better with lil more cover up and length. 
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

No, they're from Jerseymaid on Etsy :)
    I LOVE the two birds dresses, but they were a little too pricey!
  • Options
    cool ill have to check out jersey maid :) thanks   i love 2 birds and yes they are lil pricey
  • Options
    I told my girls to pick any little black dress as long as its appropiate.( not to short and not fallling out of it either). We are doing cocktails after 8.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Mine are long. At first I was going to do short for my daughter and long for my best friend but they are wearing different colors. So I wanted the same length. They both rather have long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Short, we are having a formal wedding, however its July in CT and it gets very hot and humid. I want everyone to enjoy themselves so I went with short.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards