July 2013 Weddings

Photographer Worries

Anyone else nervous to book a photographer?  I've been looking at photographers online for awhile now and finally went to meet one that FI and I both liked, and she seemed great.  I'm just super nervous to book this part of the wedding.  To me, the photographer/videographer are the most important things we will chose because they will last forever.  I just don't want to make the wrong choice and end up being disappointed with our pictures.

Can anyone relate?  Any advice?  I think I'll just suck it up and book her and have faith that our pictures will be lovely.  And I'll make sure to let her know all about our vision for the pics :)

Re: Photographer Worries

• Yep - I've been freaking out about booking our photographer. We're meeting with one tomorrow and another next week. It just seems like such a major decision, especially because both my Dad and FI are hobby photographers.

No major advice except to know that whoever you choose will be a professional: your pictures will be lovely no matter what, it's just a matter of choosing someone whose style you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • We're using our epic session as a bit on an extended interview, so we can make sure we love his/her work first-hand long before the actual wedding.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I agree that the photographers are one of the most important vendors! We booked early to assure we got who we wanted.....I was so afraid of someone else snagging her! We felt the same way you did but are so happy we booked when we did because she is filling up for summer 2013! I say if you love who you've met with, you should book sooner than later! :
  • My photographer was easy, my moms best friend is a wedding photographer, so obviously we chose her!
  • Yeah, its a bit scary, but I did alot of research. I end up finding one of your GM's friends (found out thru FB). This was after a really bad expereince with inquiring with two other photographers. God will led you to the right person :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I can totally relate! Photography is one of our top priorities. We don't have that much money to spend, so I am very anxious about finding a photographer whose work we love that is within our budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards