July 2013 Weddings

Considering this Lodge for reception

Its sort of adorable and very "us" looking.  So as long as their food tastes good and is somewhat reasonable, I think this would be an affordable restaurant option for us, actually more affordable than our DIY VRBO plan.

No extra table/chair rentals.  No linens (aside maybe napkins if we're feeling fancy).  No decorations besides centerpieces.  No rentals or purchasing high quality disposables.  No need to hire someone to do dishes/clean up.  No base venue fee.  No worry about buying too much and having leftovers.  I'm not sure if they sell alcohol or not but I'm assuming *not*.  If we're in a drinking mood there's a few bars we could hit up for an after party.  I might ask if they'll let us BYOB, or we could always chill a few bottles of wine + sparkling juice in our *other* drink bucket for a quick celebratory drink after the ceremony.

Its in the same park as our venue so it gets points for proximity.  To make things simpler we can still do a limited menu and have people choose on their RSVP card so the restaurant can be prepared.  FI & I already plan on hitting this place up on our vacation in just over two weeks!
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Considering this Lodge for reception

• Ooohhh.. that looks like a pretty, fun...and pretty fun place :
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like it a lot!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    What a great rustic feel you could create - add lots of wildflowers,candles, and mason jars...I like it!  Congrats on finding something that suits you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • omg thats sooo cute
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_considering-this-lodge-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b445c5b7-1c2e-4fc9-83d0-8b26fa6bf2f8Post:72bd2490-4d8f-4da0-b496-f16adde2bf2f">Re: Considering this Lodge for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a great rustic feel you could create - add lots of wildflowers,candles, and mason jars...I like it!  Congrats on finding something that suits you. :)
    Posted by McRogol[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>great ideas! I am excited to see what you come up with!

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • i love it! and it sounds like exactly what you're looking for. and how nice that your guests can take a stroll through the park after the ceremony to the reception :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Beautiful! It sounds like it would be wonderful. I hope you like it as much in person when you see it on your vacation. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards