July 2013 Weddings

Where is everyone's honeymoon?

We are trying to figure out a good spot to spend our honeymoon!  I know that some places are better than others in the month of July--where is everyone spending their honeymoon? :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Where is everyone's honeymoon?

• We were offered a week in a timeshare in Franser, CO. However, I am looking at other timeshare locations in GA that may work. 

If those plans do not work, we'll go to the Bahamas or Hawaii . 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • FI's parents have offered a week of their time share in Riviera Maya so thats where we'll be going. We're leaving Tuesday right after the happy nuptials!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We arent going anywhere after the wedding. We need to save, plus I dont really have anyone to take my kids for a week or so. My son has behavioral issues and my parents cant handle him and my daughter at the same time :(. So, who knows we may go WITH my daughter to Disney again and leave my son with my parents since he hated it last time we went. But, if a miracle happens, I would love Disney World or Puerto Rico...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• We haven't decided yet -- there are just so many options!

We'd love to go to Bora Bora, but it's ridiculously expensive so we have to think about it.
    Otherwise we're considering Kauai (Hawai'i) or a Disneyworld/Bahamas adventure.

We also considered the Maldives (first choice, actually!) but the flight is such a killer that we ended up ruling it out. :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're thinking maybe the Bahamas? We want to do some research and figure out where it won't be terribly hot during the second week of July. 
  • We are taking a crusie to Mexico! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided yet... we're not even sure if we will be able to afford to take our honeymoon right after the wedding. :( But I still haven't given up hope and am looking for some affordable mini-moon options... San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Catalina Island are on the list. If we can afford a honeymoon, I'm thinking Mexico, somewhere in the Caribbean, or the Mediterannean. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • European road trip adventure - We think flying in to Paris (less than $500!) and making our way around to Capri in Italy for a few days rest before flying hoem through Rome.  Have fun deciding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lili7677lili7677 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    We have a cruise scheduled with Carnival that leaves that Sunday July 7th after our July 6, 2013 wedding for 6 days to Grand Cayman and Oco Rios Jamaica, I mean you are having fun relaxing on the ship go to parties and then enjoy the  destination islands of Grand Cayman and Jamaica! So I feel like we got a 2 in one deal! :) But, I really wishes we could have went to Hawaii but maybe within the next couple of years like our 2nd or third anniversary we may go.. :)
  • AmJam04 - I wanted to go to the Maldives also until I found out July & August is monsoon season! A warning to all July brides lol

Lili7677 - Ocho Rios has a waterfall you can climb called Dunn's River Falls. If you are an athletic couple it is definitely worth checking out. Bring water shoes and a waterproof camera! The cruises all do tours. You will have a guide who takes about 25 people and you make a human chain. It's a litle crazy because several hundred peopl are all doing it at the same time but it was awesome.

I wanted to do Bora Bora but it got way too expensive. Now we are pricing out Greek Islands, specifically Santorini. Haven't booked yet because there are so many tempting options.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards