July 2013 Weddings

Tips please

To those of you that have already had your E-pics done what are some tips you can give me as far as what you did to make everything run smoothly did you have a location already picked out poses???
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!

Re: Tips please

• We haven't done them yet, I'm thinking early Fall (so, September probably).

I definitely want to have a location chosen beforehand, but poses I'll leave up to the photographer. I plan on asking the photographer for location suggestions as well, although I have a few potential ideas, he'll know what works best.

I really don't think it's worth stressing over them too much. It's meant to be a fun chance to get comfortable with your photographer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • FI and I had our e-pics done at the end of February. Our photog asked us about our preferred locations several weeks beforehand. We really wanted Disneyland and were so pleased that he was just as excited about the idea as we were! 

As far as poses go, posing was not our photog's style so we didn't have to worry about that at all. He would ask us to stand or sit in a certain place for lighting purposes, but that's about it. Occasionally he would suggest moving an arm or ask us to kiss again if he missed a shot. Basically he told us to interact with each other as if he were not even there. We did not want overly posed pictures so we were stoked at how our photos turned out! I can post a link to our photos if anyone is interested. 

One piece of advice I would give is to avoid wearing a lot of dark or light colors at the same time. I chose one outfit that consisted of a grey dress but punched it up with bright coral colored heels, and it looked awesome. Another outfit was a grey tube top, dark wash skinny jeans, and black faux leather boots... too much dark that blended together in the photos. I regret choosing that outfit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OOoh! Good question! Our e-pics are coming up in May and I'm sooo friggin excited. We're getting them done in a local amusement park. Our session is only 1 hour though so I'm very paranoid that we won't be able to do all the shots I have in my head. Though they did agree to stay longer if necessary.

I agree with pp, I think if you pretend you two are alone and make it like any other day all your pics will come out natural and beautiful :)  
    Another thing, I don't know if your photographer will allow this but mine suggested I send her a folder with some "must have" shots ahead of time so they have an idea of what I want.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I plan on picking a few locations similar to our outdoor venue (but not the actual park we're using for the ceremony).  I'm going to look through other people's epics for some of my favorite poses, color combos (for outfits), and props, and maybe share my favorites and why with our photog beforehand.  My plan for the day-of is just to go with FI and be flirty and fun like we would be there if we were alone.

That, and I plan on having my "regular" salon visit that morning so my hair can really be straight-from-the-salon perfect.  
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • edited May 2012
    lol Ashley, I'm getting my hair done that morning as well. There's nothing like that out of the salon feeling and what better way to show it off then in your e-pics! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards