July 2013 Weddings
Options

I'm so exited!

I've finished everything that's due before spring break, and now it's a straight shot to dress shopping on Saturday! My former trepidation is gone, and now I'm bouncing off the walls! I really don't know how I'll make it that long, Saturday is so close and yet so far. Any dress shoping tips?

Re: I'm so exited!

• Options
    Yay!!!!!! I'm excited for you, the only advice I have I guess is try on every dress you think you might like even if you don't think your crazy about it. My Mom, MOH (aka my sister) and Aunt went with me to find my dress and I couldn't really find many dress's that I liked and I was dead set on a white dress but my mom begged me to try on this champagne colored dress with a ton of beading it looked completely opposite of anything I had described to them that I was looking for and then I tried it on and I fell in love with it and purchased it the same day. Happy dress hunting I hope saturday comes fast and let us know if you find the one! Smile
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Options
    I had a similar experience to pp. I even tried on dresses that looked ugly on the hanger or were 2 tone (banding/rouching under the bust). I tried on one for my mom, my MOH and even one for FMIL. At the end I picked a dress that I had found and brought in a picture of it. I was dead set on diamond white but everyone agreed that I tan pretty dark so white would just be too much of a difference. I went with the dress in ivory cause it looked better with my skintone. Remember to try to have an open mind even if you think the dress isnt what you like. Everything looks different on a hanger. Most importantly, have fun!!!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Tissues!!! My mom cried a lot, so I would recommend bringing some tissues along for any one that gets teary eyed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_im-so-exited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:d335800f-6338-487f-9a85-da837bc07841Post:c2384a20-1134-485c-a41a-a2a1eba06c09">Re: I'm so exited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tissues!!! My mom cried a lot, so I would recommend bringing some tissues along for any one that gets teary eyed.
    Posted by Jennifer527[/QUOTE]
    No fears about that here, no one I'm taking is emotional at all.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I just don't know how I'll make it three more days!
  • Options
    Also, don't feel pressured to buy that day. Those people working at bridal stores are usually paid on commission and can be really pushy sometimes. Don't feel like you have to buy something that day and don't be afraid to walk out of there without having done so. It's just fine to think about it, sleep on it and come back later to buy. Otherwise, have fun!! This is the part I'm most looking forward to! Good luck!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards