July 2013 Weddings
Options

Losing Weight

I'm sure there have been a million threads about this already but i decided that I was finally going to take it seriously today.

I used to weigh around 140, lost 20 lbs doing the 30DS then stopped doing it ate really unhealthy and am back to almost 140 again. I'm 5'5 so the weight I am is supposed to be around the healthy weight but I definitely do not feel healthy. I have a belly, hips, rolls & when I gain weight it also goes to my face. I want to get back down to 120.

What are you ladies doing? When I lost the 20 lbs, I was eating 1200 calories a day & did the shred 5 or 6 times a week. The videos are only 20 minutes so it wasnt that hard. 

FI is on board and is encouraging me to do what I want to to feel the best, he said he would even do the videos with me even though he doesnt need it. We went out a got a healthy cook book and cooked from there but the portions were way to small and we were both pretty hungry after dinner and found ourselves eating junk around the house. 

Share your stories/tips/advice =)

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Losing Weight

• Options
    I highly recommend Weight Watchers. It really teaches you a lot about how much of what types of foods you should be eating to reach and maintain your goal weight.

MyFitnessPal is also a good free online tool you can use.

Check out the Getting in Shape board too, I'm sure those ladies have lots of good advice to share!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you are getting enough protein. I have hit a plateau with my weight loss and I'm fairly certain it's because I don't get enough protein. Protein causes the body to burn fat instead of muscle.

Other than that just keep working out and eating right. I have never checked out Weight Watchers but if it helps teach how much of which foods is good to eat I would definitely look into it!

July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Hey there! Check out our weekly accountability threads. :)

My general fitness plan right now is something like this: I eat 6 small meals a day that are high protein, moderate carbs, and moderate fats. My calorie goal per day is to eat 1,600 calories, but I usually end up around 1,400 (gotta work on upping that!) I do an hour of cardio 5 days a week, an hour of weight training 5 days a week, and one day of pylos/track running. I am working with a fitness/diet coach so this is the plan she has set up for me. She tells me what to do, and I just do it. :) My goal is to not only drop body fat, but put on muscle. I don't have a weight loss goal or target weight - I just want to look better and feel better.

If I may - with only 1,200 calories, you are probably not eating enough to burn any fat. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but if you want to burn fat, you have to eat a lot of good-quality protein like CK said. Your body is not getting enough fuel so it is holding onto what fuel it has and refusing to burn off the fat. You don't have to starve in order to get fit and lose weight! You just have to make sure you are eating clean and eating the right foods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ugh, losing weight is no fun!! haha. I am trying to work on it too. I really need to tone. I'm vegan so eating healthy isn't too hard but man, I have no idea what happened but the last two months I have gained about 8 pounds. Booo. I was stress eating a lot which is weird because I've never done that before. Now I"m smacking myself to cut it out! I think the weekly accountability posts are really great.

Def agree with eating a bunch of small meals. That way you aren't ever at a point where you are starving.

We can do it girls!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

Kay - I defintely agree with you, losing weight is not fun.

Chels - 1200 calories probably wasnt enough, it worked for me last time but I dont htink I'll do it again. I just have a hard time of finding a balance between eating too little and too much.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_losing-weight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:db48bdb4-5b3d-4987-818f-c1b20d03af4fPost:67ff43d4-ac0d-443d-839e-c45bd559b118">Re: Losing Weight</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I just have a hard time of finding a balance between eating too little and too much.
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

Me too :( I go on binges sometimes where I get obsessed with something and I can't stop thinking about eating it. I was eating Ruffles non stop for about a week. I don't know what my problem is. Ate salads the last three days for lunch so hoepfully that wiill mean I will lose 10 pounds. haha wishful thinking huh?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards