July 2013 Weddings

Transportation Question

We are getting married at a resort and one of the perks was not worrying about transportation. The ceremony is on the there and the reception is a one-minute walk to a gorgeous tent. 
However -
The resort is quite pricey to stay at and knowing this, we booked a block of rooms at a hotel down the road (a 5-7 minute drive). One of my bridesmaids is contemplating staying there but we had the discussion of "I don't want to worry about driving, are you providing us a way to get back to that hotel?". 
I had spoken with family about this and they said that typically, brides and grooms provide transportation to the hotel they are staying at, for their guests. My aunt's even shot me down when I asked about providing them a way back home.So, what would you guys do? I was also thinking of putting taxi services information in their welcome bags if they don't want to drive...but I'm not sure what the "right" thing to do is!Help!!!:)

Re: Transportation Question

• You don't have to provide transportation for anyone. It's a nice gesture and typically "traditional" for you to provide it for the wedding party (BMS, GM, parents, grandparents) but again it's not required.
    If it's something you can fit into your budget, I'm sure your guests would appreciate having a ride. If not, a 5-7 minute drive is totally reasonable, so they'll be just fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Does the second hotel have a shuttle that is able bring guests to and from??
  • Unfortunately not...

BUT

I e-mailed my coordinator at the venue and her response was:

"I have never heard that it was your responsibility to get your guests to another property after a night of drinking.  We certainly have information for them at the front desk if they need a cab.  The Front Desk is open 24 hours.  They can set the cab up ahead of time which I would recommend.  Brewster is a small town.  So if they plan ahead it will be all set but if they wait until 12midnight or 1am they could run into a problem.  The Inn that they are staying at may have some suggests too.  Not sure where they are staying.  But I have never heard that you as the bride and groom would have to provide or pay for that service.  That's why you have a room block here at Ocean Edge with shuttle service."

SO...I'm going to provide them with cab services and advise them to contact them early on and plan ahead....or to see the front desk for assistance. 

Done thinking about that, haha. I was so stressed out!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_transportation-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e054568c-a457-4416-8234-bba9a702bbe4Post:f1219f3a-4de5-430a-8760-561b70b3555c">Re: Transportation Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately not... BUT I e-mailed my coordinator at the venue and her response was: " I have never heard that it was your responsibility to get your guests to another property after a night of drinking.  We certainly have information for them at the front desk if they need a cab.  The Front Desk is open 24 hours.  They can set the cab up ahead of time which I would recommend.  Brewster is a small town.  So if they plan ahead it will be all set but if they wait until 12midnight or 1am they could run into a problem.  The Inn that they are staying at may have some suggests too.  Not sure where they are staying.  But I have never heard that you as the bride and groom would have to provide or pay for that service.  That's why you have a room block here at Ocean Edge with shuttle service." SO...I'm going to provide them with cab services and advise them to contact them early on and plan ahead....or to see the front desk for assistance.  Done thinking about that, haha. I was so stressed out!
    Posted by kls33145[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree 100%. It just so happens that the hotel we blocked rooms at has a shuttle for our guests. If someone decides to book at a different hotel, they are totally on their own. </div>
  • Ours has a shuttle too that we will pay for. Mainly cause we plan on using it too, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• edited March 2013
    I think giving them information is a great gesture! We are having a trolley service for transportation as we are getting married downtown in historic district st augustine, but that service came with the venue, we didnt have to pay extra.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards