July 2013 Weddings

Where are you going??

Where is everyone going on their honeymoon?? FH's parents have had a timeshare at Riviera Maya/ El Dorado Royale hotel for years. We were originally planning on going to Maui (when we first talked about engagements we always wanted to "get maui'd" lol) so Hawaii was part of my planning.... recently FMIL mentioned that she would be happy to give us part of their time there..we couldn't be happier or luckier! Where are you going or thinking of going? Are you going right after the wedding..a month...a year later??
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where are you going??

• I wish I knew.  We haven't the foggiest idea.  I've been to Asia, FI's been to Europe, and we're really up for travel to any continent besides Antarctica at this point! :)

I always thought the Riveria Maya would be gorgeous, but FI takes a lot of what he hears that other people see on the news (as in, he doesn't watch it himself) so I've had to work on him that not all of Mexico is filled with drug lord American-abducting crime syndicates.  RM would probably be my top pick area for Mexico, although I know several people who regularly vacation in Cozumel.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • edited May 2012
    I always thought the same about Mexico and didnt want to go there at first either. What sold me was thay FMIL was there twice last year and had zero complaints, plus I did A LOT of reading up on the resort reviews on tripadvisor..like all 7653903 of them lol. I think anywhere you go has its ups and downs.. Hopefully all of us will luck out and not have any travel issues when the time comes. :

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I want to go to Lake Tahoe, but it's causing some family disagreement.  We are both very eco/fair trade conscious, we like to do what we can to always buy fair trade, and do things locally whenever possible.  A lot of the trips we could afford were affordable only because of the poverty outside of the resort towns.  The obvious solution (for us) was to go to nearby lake tahoe, rent a cabin, and enjoy the beach.  Now my mom says that isn't 'special' enough.  Ugh. 
  • Lake tahoe sounds beautiful! Take meeee lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    My dream honeymoon would be a month long trip through the Mediterannean... Greece and the Greek islands, Italy, even Morocco... LOL. I was crushed when I recently heard that Greece is in political and social turmoil right now and it's not safe to go there - so scratch that one off the list I guess! Anyway, we probably won't have the funds for our dream honeymoon right after the wedding, so I think we will do a mini-moon and save a grander trip for later. We were thinking a cruise to Mexico for the mini-moon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Flutter - Riviera Maya is beautiful! FH took me there for my graduation trip. We booked with Apple Vacations and stayed at Dreams Tulum. We never left our resort, and had ZERO problems. It's so gorgeous there. We're thinking about going to Mexico again for our HM, or Hawaii.
  • We would really love to go to France and Italy, but for the same amount that it would be to fly and stay there (without eating or anything else), we're thinking of doing 10+ days at Disney World.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to  Piney Shores Resort in Conroe, TX. My TX parents have a timeshare there, so they are giving us some time for as a wedding gift. We dont really mind where we go, tho. I would love to go to Hawaii and we love DC (where we met). 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • We're not sure yet. We had originally planned a cross-Canada vacation, but since we won't be 25, renting the car we'll need to get around in some places won't be feasible. We'll save that trip for a few years down the road instead.

So, we were considering Greece. I know things there aren't good right now, but we have over a year to go, so things change. Or possibly a sunny destination - St. Lucia would probably be at the top of that list, although the possibilities really are endless. Or we might do the Scotland trip we were planning to do in a few years as our honeymoon instead. Or we'll go to Alaska...but probably not. We both want to go there, but I don't really want to honeymoon there.

The problem is, we both want to see pretty much the entire world. Including Antarctica. We've both done a bit of the Caribbean, and the Southern East Coast of the US, and most of Ontario. And that's it, so our possibilities are really endless. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • We're planning a trip for February 2014 in Bora Bora! We have always wanted to rent one of those tiki huts over the water. :)
  • tahoe is great. i live in northern cali.  you have plenty to do.  and do to the weather this week it snowed yesterday lol hahahha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards