September 2012 Weddings

Thank you gifts for shower hostesses?

I know gifts for the ladies hosting my shower are optional, but I would still like to get them something.  Does anyone have any ideas?  When I hosted a cousin's wife's shower, she got me a box of Godiva candy, I'm not sure if my BMs hosting the shower would like that though, one avoids sweets and I know the other is trying to lose weight from recently having a baby.  Seems like a less than great gift for either of them.

Re: Thank you gifts for shower hostesses?

• Bottle of wine, a nice flower arrangement, or a framedpicture of you and them from the shower are other nice idea.
  • Cookbook, Aprons, Plant or flower, Candle
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_thank-you-gifts-for-shower-hostesses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:22e92a56-c88e-435a-9dad-48032cd04c68Post:472cbc0f-743f-4a35-9522-7ac106b0269b">Re: Thank you gifts for shower hostesses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bottle of wine, a nice flower arrangement, or a framedpicture of you and them from the shower are other nice idea.
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

I am giving each of my girls a bottle of wine from New York State.  5 out of 6 of my bridesmaids aren't from New York so I thought that might be neat.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I got my FMIL and FI's aunt each a gift certificate for a manicure, and I sent them flowers.
    Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Edible arrangements or flowers.
  • I think I might be going overboard but I am actually getting my hostess a giftcard for a spa day for hosting the shower. She came out the blue with the idea for the shower for me and I have been beyond thankful for her. So I wanted to do something that she would enjoy.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Little Bit Funky: How to turn a mason jar into a spillproof cup with straw (for ~50 cents or less!)!

I'm making one of these for each my girls. Inside I will put fun summer drink recipes and was going to do a chalkboard label on it. Will probably do a fun set of coasters as well.
  • I got our hostess' a canlde and put a pretty tag on it that said "thank you for making my day bright", a decorated wine glass with a tag as well saying "thank you for celebrating with us!" and a little bit of candy with a tag saying " thanks for being so sweet". Very inexpensive and a little more sweet and personal I think! PLus they all loved the idea :) good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards