Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Sharing Church Decorations

The church I'm getting married in (Catholic) has three weddings a day (11,1,3). I am the 1pm wedding. The church is absolutely stunning. Little need for much decoration, but in the photos that I've seen, some decoration really does significantly improve it. In the pamphlet that they provide, the church recommends getting in touch with the other brides that are getting married that day and and attempting to coordinate flowers in order to save on cost. They will give you the e-mail addresses and phone numbers of the brides. I think it's a great idea.

What would you guys think, as brides, if this were brought up to you? How would you word the e-mail or conversation? Thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Sharing Church Decorations

• Options
    I read this in a bridal magazine and thought it was an excellent idea, but I had no other masses before or after mine. I would write a simple email, explaining that you're getting married the same day and asking if they would like to chip in for altar arrangements. Even if you get one to say yes, it will work out cheaper for you.
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea. If I got an email like that I'd be thrilled. I'm the only wedding at my church that day though.
  • Options
    We got married at a small synagogue, and there were no other weddings the same day.  However, if there had been, I'd have loved to do this.  As it was, we ended up selling the chuppah (which was our primary decoration) after the wedding.
  • Options
    I don't see an issue on sharing decorations, as long as you can come to something everyone can agree on. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards