September 2012 Weddings

Serious Dress Regret :( Need opinions!

Ok...so some of you may know that our wedding was originally planned for October 22, 2011.  So I have had my dress since November 2010.  When I got the dress, I LOVED it!  I literally cried when I got home from the first appointment trying it on and told my fiance I thought I found "it"  I kept trying more and finally chose mine.  But now it's two years later and I keep seeing it on blogs and seriously don't like it.  I always knew I wanted something a little "different" but now I am worried I went overboard. 

Am I totally crazy?  I am hoping that maybe I have just looked at it too many times and the "novelty" has worn off.  I do want a "wow" dress and I just don't get that feeling anymore.  Especially when I see it on someone else.  And I know it looks different on me, but I am terrified that I will get these pictures back from the wedding and won't like how I look!  Ok...enough rambling.  I will attache the blog and then pics of me in the dress. 

What do you guys think??

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2011/12/29/the-island-house-wedding-from-vigil-bunao-fine-art-photography-out-of-hand-events/

Me in the dress. (keep in mind it has not been altered.  the top is too big)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Serious Dress Regret :( Need opinions!

• I think that the dress looks better on you than it does on the girl in the blog.  I can't pinpoint why but I think you wear it better.  I love how the skirt as so much texture and I'm thinking it will have nice movement when you walk in it too.  What exactly don't you like about it?  It's not super traditional but it's not totally out of the box (no see through top or anything).  If you really don't want to wear it for your wedding day you could always try to sell it on the classifieds board or on another website.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • it definitely says WOW and i love it!! i can see how buying a dress that far in advance would make you rethink your decision tho. However I think you made a great choice ;)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_serious-dress-regret-need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:3a365863-fd4f-49be-8dd3-080cfcd2dfe3Post:fb83d561-af8f-46df-95ae-415e0515d06b">Re: Serious Dress Regret :( Need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that the dress looks better on you than it does on the girl in the blog.  I can't pinpoint why but I think you wear it better.  I love how the skirt as so much texture and I'm thinking it will have nice movement when you walk in it too.  What exactly don't you like about it?  It's not super traditional but it's not totally out of the box (no see through top or anything).  If you really don't want to wear it for your wedding day you could always try to sell it on the classifieds board or on another website.
    Posted by Sarah&Eric2012[/QUOTE]

I think i worry that the flowers will not really look like flowers in the pictures and it might just look like a wrinkled mess.  I guess I also worry that I might not want look back at this dress in 20 years and should have gone with something a little more classic/romantic.

Thanks for the feedback ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love that dress on you! It definitely has a wow factor but isn't over the top or anything. I think you picked the right one :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you look fine in the dress, but if you're really having doubts maybe you can try it on again? Looking at it and actually wearing it are 2 different things. If you're still not nuts about it after you try it on again, you still have some time to try on other dresses.
    Anniversary
  • I think that dress is beautiful!  I really doubt the flowers will look like wrinkles at all.  I think you should go try it on again and stop looking at blogs of other brides wearing YOUR dress. 

And PP is right, it does look better on you than that other girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I was in the same boat, I went with a crazy dress with flowers on it because I thought it was different and I wanted to be different, I bought my dress a month after I was engaged October of 2010, and well let me tell you my fashion has changed, I ended up buying a new dress.  I decided I wanted to look more elegant and timeless then different.  Do what makes you happy!  I am getting a lot of crap for buying a second dress, but at least I know that I will be completely happy on the day that I get married and not keep thinking "what if".
  • Thanks ladies!!!  I appreciate you taking the time and supporting my crazy habits :)

Yes...I should stop looking at other brides in my dress.  But I just can't help it!!!  haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wineo929wineo929 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the dress is amazing on you!! If you don't like it, I'll take it ;)

I agree with Jessa. Can you try it on again? In the end it's YOUR day so do what makes you happy!!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • You sound just like me. I had a similar dress meltdown the other morning and was SURE I was going to sell my dress. I bought mine in July got it in November and have often felt blah about it since I have gotten it. When I went shopping, I was looking for ivory and vintage and absolutely did not want white/modern/blingy. I ended up with a champagne dress with flowers all over it. It definately has the vintagey/classic/romantic feel that my wedding is going for but now I find myself wanting a modern/white dress. To top it all off, everyone I see in the dress looks hideous even though I dont feel that I look bad in it at all! 

After I calmed myself down about the dress, I tried it on again and feel that its not worth the hassle of selling it. I do like it and it does look great on me and I need to let go of the regret and second thoughts because I know on my wedding day, Im going to feel like a million bucks in it. I think having the dress for a long-time before the wedding is what really does one in!! Just rest assured that the dress does look GREAT on you. I really love the flowiness of the bottom.  What youre feeling is totally normal, try to focus on all the other aspects of the wedding/tasks so that you dont dwell on it! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you look GORGEOUS in your dress, much better than the stock photos of it :)
  • I'm going to agree with the majority and say that I love the bejeezus out of your dress! I think it looks fabulous on you, it flatters your body, and it's different without being weird. I'd keep it and be proud if it were me, but it's your wedding so you should be happier than me. I agree with PPs: Could you try it on again?
  • "I agree with PPs: Could you try it on again? "

Yep...already have an appointment to get back into it.  The owner of the bridal shop I got it as a saint and puts up with me :)  Hopefully when I get back into it in two weeks, I will remember why I love it.

you ladies are why I love this board!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the dress and I think you look stunning!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, I feel really bad that you aren't still crying and being in love! You look AMAZING!! I love that dress. I really do, and it's different, but it's not overboard. It definatly won't look like a wrinkled mess! Ah! I can't get over how much I like your dress actually!
  • I think you look beautiful in it.  Why don't you take it out and try it on?  Your shape is much nicer than the girl in the blog's: your waist is smaller and you have more of an hour glass shape than she does.  It looks a lot better on you.  I really do recommend trying it on again: maybe that will alleviate some of the doubt.

I LOVE my dress, but I was worried about it for a little while after my mum kept telling me that she still liked the first I tried on that night.  So I went to my FMIL's (where I have my dress stored) and simply took it out and knew INSTANTLY that I made the right choice.  Maybe you just need a refresher :)
  • OOps I just saw that you have an appointment to try it on again.  Sorry I missed that!  Let us know how it goes :)
  • That dress looks amazing on you!  You must be taller than the girl on the blog because it comes down really far on her torso.  It hits you just right, and I think the flowers look like flowers.  I love it!
  • I love the dress!!!! It looks great!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards