September 2012 Weddings

Writing Vows...Help Appreciated

My FI and I have decided to both write our own vows and use the traditional ones as well. Our pastor loves this idea, which was a great relief for me. The way it will work is that I will say my vows that I wrote and then go right into the traditional ones that our pastor will give me one line at a time. Then FI will do the same. 

So last night I was struck with inspiration by the muse of vows and came up with the follow vows:

Dan, you are my best friend, my biggest supporter, and the love my life.
Today I get to add my husband to that list.
So as I become your wife, there are some promises that I would like to make to you.
I promise NEVER to plan any major event during deer season...other that our aniversary.
I promise not to get mad at you for having too many Fantasy sports team or for watching too much ESPN
But more importantly,
I promise to be faithful and honest to you always.
I promise to love, comfort and support you forever.
I love you with all of my heart and am so blessed to have you in my life.
And I promise to remind you of that everyday for the rest of our lives.
I love you, always and forever.

FYI: FI is an avid hunter and sports fanatic. So the fact that our anniversary will fall 2 days before deer season starts and in the middle of football season is a BIG deal. :) Also "Always and Forever" is something that FI and I have said to each for the last 3 years, so we are incorporating it into our wedding (vows, favors, programs, STD, etc.)

Please let me know what you think. Too long? Take out the humor? Opinions and advice, please!!!
Love and Blessings
September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Writing Vows...Help Appreciated

• OMG I love it!  I love the humor too, I think you should keep it.  FI is also very big into hunting, and we are getting married on opening day of hunting season hahah (I'm sure he will be out there first thing in the morning)
  • Thanks Cronin! We are getting married near our college campus at 3:30. There is a home football game at noon that the groomsmen were joking about taking my FI to. I know they won't but it's still pretty funny.
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's well written :)
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_writing-vowshelp-appreciated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:56521254-b5a7-4a92-bcc9-01ecfff14928Post:1983c7ed-98b0-434a-970b-309d57283e3f">Re: Writing Vows...Help Appreciated</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Cronin! We are getting married near our college campus at 3:30. There is a home football game at noon that the groomsmen were joking about taking my FI to. I know they won't but it's still pretty funny.
    Posted by emidle2008[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Go in the Tuxes, take some pretty bad ass pics ;)  I think it all sounds wonderful!  I wish I had the nerv to write my own haha (Id start crying)

</div>
  • I love it!

Just a thought: instead of putting 'But more importantly,' you could use 'But above all,'

See, it's the little thoughts and considerations like those that ARE important to making a marriage work and it's not un-important to the two of you, so I thought putting 'but above all' makes it clear that you value the traditional values, but doesn't diminish the sweet vows that are personal to you.

(sorry, I haven't had coffee yet- if this makes no sense.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:Writing Vows...Help Appreciated:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Writing Vows...Help Appreciated:Thanks Cronin! We are getting married near our college campus at 3:30. There is a home football game at noon that the groomsmen were joking about taking my FI to. I know they won't but it's still pretty funny.Posted by emidle2008Go in the Tuxes, take some pretty bad ass pics ; nbsp;I think it all sounds wonderful! nbsp;I wish I had the nerv to write my own haha Id start crying Posted by cronin85[/QUOTE]

They could do this. Here at purdue we have a tradition called breakfast club where everyone dresses up in costumes and goes to the bars prior the game. So the guys would blend right in :
    Love and Blessings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards