September 2012 Weddings

Weight Loss Dilema

Hello Ladies,  I keep seeing everyone with their weight loss tickers and you all are doing so great! I need some help, tips, tricks etc; to help me slim down.  I eat healthy (fruits, veggies) but nothing seems to works... help!

>

Re: Weight Loss Dilema

• BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Are you counting your calories or just assuming because its healthy it will be right? What is your workout like? We have a daily (well daily during the week and then once only on the weekend) accountability thread on here discussing our workout and nutrition goals, how things are going, tips we've learned, etc... maybe join in on those?
  • I recently joined weight watchers online. It helps me be accountable for what I eat (especially portion size). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a vegetarian & thought I was a healthy eater too because I eat mainly fruits, veggies & whole grains. I wasn't. I had no clue how many calories I was consuming until I started tracking my intake.

I recommend using a calorie and fitness tracker like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt.com to help track your daily calorie intake and exercise. Make sure your eating enough calories throughout the day though, consuming too few calories could physically do more harm than good. Your doctor could help you determine a daily calorie goal. Start exercise slowly (a stroll around your neighborhood, 15 minutes of stretching, whatever you choose) and build up from there. Something is better than nothing!

Also, participating in the accountability threads is super helpful. The ladies here are really encouraging & have great tips! Also, having your FI, a friend or family member to be accountable with too is a great way to sick to a plan.

Wow, this is kinda long lol. But I hope it helps & best wishes!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been sluggish on my weight loss (it's my own fault) so I am glad to hear there are accountability threads.  I will post on those.  If anyone is on myfitnesspal, my name is Ciardasully.  Feel free to add me.

Good luck breaking through your rut.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I agree with the PP to start slow and check out the accountability report. A big healthy eating killer is drinking your calories...juices, sodas even diet is unhealthy and can cause you to crave more sugar despite no calories, alcohol, milk, etc can tack on calories quickly without you even realizing it. There's a lot of things out there so don't want to overload you. Join the accountability convos and we can help you slowly adjust to find something that works! Oh another super important thing, don't aim to lose more than 12lbs per week. Every pound more than that decreases your chances of keeping it off. Losing slowly is good!
  • I HIGHLY recommend myfitnesspal. I was amazed at how many calories I was consuming on a daily basis. I lost 15 pounds in about 5 months using MFP & exercise.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards