September 2012 Weddings

Where should we go on our Honeymoon? I need your help ladies!

Has anyone ever traveled to Aruba, Belize, Curacao, Puerto Rico or St Thomas? I would love your thoughts on any of the above.

We want BEAUTIFUL beaches, great local culture (food, crafts, art) and lastly, not too touristy.

I know you ladies can help me.
My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where should we go on our Honeymoon? I need your help ladies!

• I've been on cruises and my favorite destination was St. Thomas! It is so beautiful! You can take a 45 minute long ferry ride to St. John and go to the beach. There were only a handful of people there and it was the prettiest beach I've ever seen. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about a cruise?  We're going an Eastern Caribbean Cruise to Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, PR, and Grand Turk. I have never been to the Caribbean and I am excited.

Good luck deciding?
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I've heard amazing things about Belize. I haven't been there myself though.

I went to Virgin Gorda in the BVI a few years ago though and it was amazing. Very beautiful and not all that touristy. We stayed here: http://www.mangobayresort.com/

The beach was outside our door and there was a reef a few feet from shore. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been to Aruba and Puerto Rico (and St. Maarten, but not St. Thomas).

I wouldn't go to Aruba for your honeymoon.  Women keep disssapearing there!  But for real, it's a TINY island and you start to run out of things to do.  There is the beautiful tourist/beach side of the island and then the "other side."  We went on a tour of the other side of the island and it sucks!  It's desert and dangerous cliffs.  The "highlight" of the tour was the prison that overlooks the water...seriously.  When we were done we felt awful that we were on the beautiful side and all the locals we encountered clearly lived on the other side.

I would vote go to Puerto Rico!  I LOVE it there!  If I could, I would have bought a house and stayed.  It has lots of neat things to see (from forts to beaches) and great food and shopping.  The language barrier isn't bad either.  I hope you go here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • FH and I have a highly inappropriate ongoing joke about how we're going to Aruba as soon as he is my life insurance beneficiary. I just have to dye my hair blonde first. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards