September 2012 Weddings

Stupid wedding nightmares!

I know we talked about this awhile back but I just had to share the stupidity... I had a dream that I was late for my wedding because I had a performance of a little mermaid song I had to do before the ceremony (and the red wig messed up my hair!) and then I got to the reception and we had short, white linens (which were going to be long and navy blue)...and the florist made half the centerpieces out of balloons!

It was so strange!!!
Anyone else want to share a weird wedding related dream?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stupid wedding nightmares!

• Hahahaha that's amazing. In every one of my wedding nightmares, I always end up getting dressed in front of my guests. I wouldn't have noticed that if I wasn't keeping a planning blog. I've also carried balloons down the aisle more than once (I guess us September brides are really scared of those things haha). Fi walked down the aisle to me in one of them instead of me to him and it broke my heart. In my most recent one I forgot to finish planning and ended up sending a Facebook invite the day before the ceremony. I never had my dress altered so it was waaaay too long and my veil was a wrinkled mess. At the ceremony (which was in a church even though we aren't religious) we asked for baby name suggestions from our guests? And my dad suggested 'Hickory Pine' for our first daughter hahaha.
  • I haven't had any recently thank god. That's weird that you both dreamed about balloons - I wonder where that comes from?
    Anniversary
  • oh man - that is a strange one!! It's amazing what stress does! Even if you don't feel stressed, your subconscious will tell you different.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Those are so funny!  The most recent one I had I was about to walk down the aisle and someone noticed that I wasn't in my dress but in my work clothes instead.  I freaked out bc I didn't know where my dress was and no one was around to help me bc they had already gone down the aisle so the maintenance men were looking for it.  They finally found it and it wasn't altered- I forgot to have it done and it was huge so these maintenance men were trying to clip it for me and adjust it and it was taking so long that my FI and all the guests were waiting in the church for hours.  I woke up soo relieved!
  • I had one the other night. It wasn't as bad or in-depth as yours but still sucked. At least as much of it as I can remember. It came time for the wedding and it was like it was tomorrow. I only had the vendors that I do now so no hair no makeup. Everything was a mess. I never got the invitations out. No decorations or cake. I can't remember much else besides it being a disaster but I really wish they would stop. I've had a couple of these dreams now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't had one in a long time!  These are great though.
  • Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one having ridiculous dreams (nightmares) about my wedding day.  I had one the other night that literally freaked me out.  I dreamed my fiance "forgot" to show up for the ceremony, so I was left at the altar. Later I found out he and his groomsmen went to Vegas for the bachelor party and they forgot they were supposed to come back. 
    Photobucket
  • I haven't had any recently but I used to have dreams that on wedding day I realized I forgot to book things like hairstylist, caterer, venue, make-up artist. One time I realized we had no transportation and all of the guests left for the reception hall and FI and I had to ride the city bus. To alleviate my fears the ceremony and reception will be at the venue and we plan on driving our car since we don't plan on doing a grand entrance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards