September 2012 Weddings
Options

How's it going?

Just checking to see how my fellow brides are faring!

Have you had a shower?  Do you have one scheduled?  When is it?

Have you had a bachelorette?  If not, when is it and what are you doing?

Have many items been purchased off your registry yet?

Everything booked and ready?  What's still on the to-do list?

How is your fitness going?  Hit your weight loss goals, or feeling good/bad about your body right now?

When are you doing dress fittings?

How's the relationship with FI going?  Any wedding-related stress/drama?

Sending good, happy vibes to you all!  Time is just FLYING by!

Anniversary

Re: How's it going?

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    My shower is in July, and I know nothing about it except to reserve the date and that it's not too far from where I'm living.

I did!  I flew out to Colorado to visit my brother, who is my Brother-of-Honor (since he's taking a week off to fly in for my wedding & festivities, I couldn't ask him to fly out for my bachelorette so I went to him).  My brother and his girlfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful weekend!  Beer drinking, bike riding, getting hammered & riding a mechanical bull - it was awesome! 

Not a one!  Getting worried we won't get any of the stuff we registered for.

We have the tasting with the caterer in 2 weeks.  Other than that, our invitations are coming in this week so we have to assemble, print envelopes, and mail those suckers out!  My hair/makeup trial is in a few weeks, too.  In the last few weeks, I'll need to talk to DJ, photographer, videographer, florist, and day-of-coordinator, but those should be pretty simple.  I need to finalize the Do Not Play list and the Must Take photos list.

How is your fitness going?  Hit your weight loss goals, or feeling good/bad about your body right now?
    Just starting!  We just finished relocating 1500 miles away, and I got a new job, so I'm finally starting to focus on my fitness again.  Feeling pretty good - if I can lose another 10 pounds and firm up a bit, I'll be a very happy bride, but I think that'll be pretty easy.

Starting mid-July to give me time to trim down some more!  Already did the hem and bustle.

Wonderful!  Despite the stress of him doing law school finals, graduating (and hosting both of our families while they came to see it), packing up our whole house into "see in 6 months" storage vs. "put in the car and drive 1500 miles with to my parents house", driving 1500 miles with two cars (with a dog as co-pilot), visiting his family, moving in with my parents, finding a new job, starting new job, FI starting to study for the bar exam.... we are fabulous!  Happy as clams, not stressing about anything.  I feel like a rock star for getting all that done this month and working together like a well oiled machine through it all.

Anniversary

• Options
    Have you had a shower? Do you have one scheduled? When is it?
    My first shower is this Saturday.  My mom and her sisters are throwing it for me.  At first I was a little hesitant because all of the details are being kept very hush-hush, but now I'm really excited to see what's been planned.  The only thing I know is that it's a Garden Party theme.
    Have you had a bachelorette? If not, when is it and what are you doing?
    Bachlorette is planned for later in August.  The girls and I usually do a beach trip every summer anyway to we're just turning our regular trip into my bachlorette weekend.
    I haven't peeked.  I want to so bad though!
    Everything booked and ready? What's still on the to-do list?
    We still need to finalize the officiate and ceremony music.  Our DJ for the reception also does ceremony music so for the sake of the budget and my sanity I think we're going to use him.
    How is your fitness going? Hit your weight loss goals, or feeling good/bad about your body right now?
    I need to work on exercising more. It's never been something I like to do and my dress is just a little too tight around the hips/thighs. Thank goodness for spanx!
    July 6 is the first one.
    How's the relationship with FI going? Any wedding-related stress/drama?
    It's going great. FI has been amazing through out the planning process.  We're trying not to take things too seriously and he always knows how to make me laugh when things are getting too stressful.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for August 19.

Mine is the weekend before the wedding, so September 22-23. I know nothing except that it's an overnight thing.

None.

I still need to finalize my cake design. I also have my invites designed and ready to be proofed on VP, but I'm waiting for their wedding sample kit to arrive in the mail so I can make sure I like the quality and stuff. Those are the major things right now.

I hit my goal about 6 months ago, which was way earlier than I thought I would. So now I'm just trying to maintain it. I'm doing a decent job I think, although I know I'm going to have to be super strict come August/September.

My first one is July 12. Not sure about the others yet.

FI and I are great. No wedding-related stress/drama, but we have plenty of it with FI finishing up school and trying to find a job before the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to How's it going?:
    Just checking to see how my fellow brides are faring! Have you had a shower?  Do you have one scheduled?  When is it?
    June 9 !! I am so excited to see what has been planned my MOH is flying in for the week tomorrow so I am really excited to have her around !!  It has sucked not having her right here :/
    The weekend before my wedding. I also know NOTHING about this which is killing me I am a Nosey Nellie
    Havent looked. I want to be surprised Smile
    Everything booked and ready? 
    Yup !! Feels good, last thing to book was the transportation and now thats done as of this week !
    What's still on the to-do list?
    A bunch of lil crap...that  I really dont want to think about lol . Mainly things I will do closer to the date like in August
    We will just say I am a slacker lol
    Next week when my MOH is here
    Fine ...no realy drama just the usual bickering
    Sending good, happy vibes to you all!  Time is just FLYING by!
    Thanks for the vibes....and FLYING might be an understatement Smile
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have one scheduled for June 30 for my family and one for July 14 for his family.

I believe it is the weekend of August 17-18.  I'm not sure if it's actually a bachelorette party or what it is yet.  It's a surprise, but I do know that my Mom and aunt will be going so it won't be too "out there."

I haven't even looked and kind of don't want to know.

Geez, I hope everything is booked!!  I'm almost done addressing invitations, and I have to stuff them yet.  I need to make the vases and string spheres for decor.  I need to reserve a couple tables for our outdoor ceremony, and also rent some ferns or something for decor there.  I have shoes, but am still on the lookout just in case.  I need to set up fittings...I have one set with DB, but think I want to look elsewhere. 

Fitness is a tough one right now.  I feel like my eating hasn't been good, and I am having trouble getting a handle on it.  Exercise is going ok, but is derailed by the eating.  We just got our engagement pics back and I'm not happy with how I look in most of them, so I fee like instead of the five to eight pounds I thought would work, I should maybe try for 15, but then I'm worried about dress fit, and clothing too for that matter because I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe, even if it is smaller.

Right now, at the end of July.  I would guess that will stay the same even if I switch alterations people.

Relationship with FI is great!  I'm in the process of moving to his place and transfering locations for my job, so that's a pain, but no real drama.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    My shower is on June 10th.  I'm looking forward to it and dredding it at the same time.  Can't wait to see if my mom shows up even though she didn't RSVP...ugh.

I think my bachelorette is the last weekend in July, I've heard we're going camping but I don't know for sure what's going on.  My BMs are very tight lipped about everything.

A few have been purchased.  My Mickey Mouse waffle iron has been purchased which I'm super excited about!

Everything is booked, just final details at this point.  Trying to get the invitations put together  and ready to be sent out.

I'm not super excited about my body right now.  I want to get into the gym but FI doesn't have the time to go with me and I can't really afford my own membership.  Just trying to eat right and stay active at home at this point.

My first fitting is July 5th.  I can't wait!

HA! Wedding related drama, yes!!  My family is nuts.  I'm ready to divorce the whole lot of them.  FI and I are good though :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Not yet, it's scheduled for July 27th but nothing has really been planned yet.

My bachelorette will be the same weekend as my shower. though again, nothing has been planned yet and i just found out one of my BM's can't make it. :(

Yes, i am shocked at how many have been bought already. no one has received the official invite or the shower invite yet so i am very surprised that people have bought gifts off of it. a little over 10% have been purchased already. we only started the registry a month ago and finished it this past weekend, or else i wouldn't have checked. i even took it off our website for a while but people still found it!

Still need to book some of our honeymoon activities. Plus, I still need to do hair/makeup trials and get those set in stone.

I'm trying to do good. I lost a couple pounds while Dan was out of town. Now i'm hoping to just stay in shape and work on toning a bit.

First one is scheduled for July 18th!

Everything's great now that he's finally home from Alabama!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    Smooch711Smooch711 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    My shower is June 30th, and I can't wait for it to be over! My mom/host is clueless and my MOH is OOT, so I've had to do a lot of the planning, and it's driving me nuts!

I think my bachelorette is just going to be my MOH and other FSIL hanging out with a bottle of wine. I really don't want a true bachelorette party. I'm too old for that!

Not yet. . . though I'm also not done adding!

So much! Hotel blocks and transportation are the main two. I also need to order invites. Oh, and rings. Haven't started that yet!

Just starting. . . I joined a 6-week ladies boot camp. It starts Saturday! Eek!

My first fitting is July 21st. I am looking forward to it!

It's fine. I wish I didn't freak out about wedding stuff, but that's just me. He knows how I worry over everything. He's also very good at making me laugh, so he just needs to keep that going!

This is a cute idea. Thanks for starting it! ;) 
  • Options
    Have you had a shower? Do you have one scheduled? When is it? nope no shower

Have you had a bachelorette? If not, when is it and what are you doing? my BM have not said a word or even brought this up?! (i am begining to think i am doing something wrong here) BUT i dont really care to go out and party...i would rather go to a comedy club or something

Have many items been purchased off your registry yet? no registry (we have been together 5 yrs, we have everything we need :) )

Everything booked and ready? What's still on the to-do list?
    make BM gifts
    start mock tables for signing table, cake table and head table
    order fabric for wedding dress sleeves
    meet cake lady this summer
    figure out my ushers
    finish up invites and programs
    find bridal lingere
    purchase cake topper
    find sneakers for wedding day
    purchase groomsmen hats
    find a guest book and pen
    figure out my favors
    make first fitting appt in beg of july
    purchase strapless bra

How is your fitness going? Hit your weight loss goals, or feeling good/bad about your body right now? going good, but to slow for me.  So far I have lost over 18lbs ...but to reach my goal before my wedding day I want to lose another 19lbs

When are you doing dress fittings? first week of july...hmmm...i should prob schedule that

How's the relationship with FI going? Any wedding-related stress/drama? I am very VERY anal and controlling when it comes to planning so he stays outta the way...lol...we are good...yes my wedding party is stressing me the f out!!!!!!!!! they wont order their attire!
  • Options
    CowgirlK39CowgirlK39 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Nope, I have one in Jul and one in Aug.

Umm I guess it's in June but who knows when or who is involved.

Not that I know of, no know knows where I am registered since shower invites didnt go out yet.

Uhh, no. I have to meet with all my vendors, make all my centerpieces, and do invites yet. I have no idea how I am getting home from the reception yet. Doesn't help I keep getting called into work.

I'm just maintaining. I'd like to maybe lose a couple pounds but I think if I do it now it will throw off my dress completely.

I have no idea... probably july I think?

He needs to get his butt in gear. He MUST go outfit shopping with the guys this weekend, and I need him to start cutting wood for centerpieces ASAP. Most of the stress and drama has been because of his mom, but if I send him after her, he will be too mean and she will amp up the dramatics.

Just looking at all this makes me think that we work too much to deal with wedding crap. Should have just eloped, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards