September 2012 Weddings

How'd May go?

Been super busy & not on here much, but did get a lot accomplished this month! How'd folks do? Seeing the days/weeks is making me go, oh crikey, this $h!t's getting real! Like, slacking is not such a good idea just now, if I want to sleep in August. ;)

So from my May to-do list:

- Find an officiant- holy wow, got this one done! Yay! A good friend who has performed a couple other weddings will be doing it. 
- Invitations are in my hot little hands. Love them!!!
- Registries- Well, they exist! Probably will add more to Macy's, maybe to Crate & Barrel too. Haven't put anything on the REI one yet but that one's all online and won't be big anyway, just some backpacking stuff. We're outdoorsy & have a lot of outdoorsy friends, so this will make those folks happier than buying some candlesticks or something.
- Have found a cello/violin/guitar trio! Contract goes out tomorrow or the next day along w/ the deposit.
- Working on getting table info straightened out so I can actually deal w/ linens & tableware.
- Booked engagement photos! :) End of June.
- Baker's contract is signed & deposit in. Catering contract still pending table info from venue (ugh, major road block!!).
- Figured out one reading and who will do it (the reading I chose & my best friend from HS)- he's not really looked for a reading yet and the cousin he wanted to do it probably won't be able to make it, so that's still to be done.

Moving to the June list:
- Scout out a rehearsal dinner plan.
- Make alterations app't for July (?).
- Select & order groomsmen's ties.

OK. On paper, it looks okay. Like I did *something* in May! :) But man, these months are coming on fast! How's everyone else doing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How'd May go?

• Let's see what got accomplished this month:

-Did make up/hair trial- Did not go that well considering the girl couldn't do the updo... but we booked someone else!
    -Met the officiant- He's great!!
    -Wedding night hotel
    -Registries finalized
    -My wedding band came in
    - Close to deciding groomsmen attire
    - BM's dresses ordered (This may have been in April..don't remember)
    - In the process of working on invitation wording/fonts/design

June:
    -Make final decision on groomsmen attire
    -Print invitations
    -Figuring out the honeymoon

I'm sure there is more that needs to be done, I just can't think of it right now...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice checks ladies!!! May has not been too productive for me but I have high hopes for the end of June when my one class is over and I just have to deal with the other.

May:
    First fitting!
    Finished printing invites, assembled half
    99% done with WP chalkboard glasses
    Practiced hair and makeup for wedding (before fitting to get whole look)

June:
    Assemble second half of invites
    Address envelopes
    Finish chalkboard glasses
    Update registries
    Practice hair more (mom and I need to get better at it....I have a lot of hair so it takes a while)
    Groomsmen fitted for tuxes
    Start getting music together

Goodness that looks like so much for June!  I may be insane.
  • Wow, May was one huge rollercoaster of emotions with a bunch of family drama, a friend in the hospital, etc. Money has gotten much tighter, cutting back and making things work for the wedding still.

Not sure I got much done at all in May, hoping now that things are starting to settle down that June will be productive...
  • I think it went pretty well for me! 

May:
    -purchased shoes and earrings
    -ordered invites
    -ordred a million things from vista print like address labels and stickers to close the envelopes

June:
    -Rehersal dinner plan, need to talk to ILs about this
    -Talk to my mom about booking a limo? She told me she'd do this.
    -Wait for the invitations to arrive! I'd like to send them out in the beginning of July. 

I honestly don't really have much to do right now! Just some lose ends to tie up with my mom and ILs about the limo and rehersal dinner. Then some waiting around until I have my final details with the various vendors in August. Everyone is booked/paid deposits and my entire outfit is together.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • MAY FLEW BY!! WOWZERS!!

May was full of fun and checks but June is going to be slow because we have to focus on the house for the next couple weeks at least.

May -
    Bridal Showers 1&2
    E-pics
    Tasting/final menu choices
    Invitations DONE & SENT
    Timeline for the day of set
    Appt for nails (myself, MOH and FG) set
    Dress arrived
    Made hair clip/veil

June:
    Try on dress/alterations for bolero
    Finish kissing balls
    Print menus (cootie catchers)
    Send out second wave of invites (reception only)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The only thing I got done were my kissing balls and I ordered invitations.  This month I need to address and send out all my invites, get my dress fitted, work on wedding favors, string some beads for my tree centerpieces and hopefully somehow start thinking about a candy buffet!
  • May was a good month! :)
    - Purchased my shoes
    - Assembled and sealed invitations
    - Took e-pics
    - Worked on ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music, including entrances
    - Ordered male bridal party gifts
    - Purchased welcome bags for OOT guests
    - All the bridal party members got fitted for their tuxes

June
    - Meeting with minister
    - Mailing Invitations
    - Decide on desert for rehearsal dinner
    - Figure out my something borrowed, blue, old, new
    - Order my BM's gifts
    - Work on ceremony/vows
    - 2 mini bachelorette parties :)
    - Hoping my dress comes in!!
    Anniversary
  • The only thing I got done was that I *think* my BM ordered the dresses for herself and the other 2. Maybe. I dont know. I was supposed to do invites and start the centerpieces but none of that got done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards