September 2012 Weddings
Options

Other 2012 Weddings

Does anyone else have a big wedding year besides there own? I am in a wedding June 9th and Nov 24th, FI is in one on Oct 13th, we are attending one on Oct 6th, and then of course our own on Sept 8th. It is a crazy, fun, and expensive year! Three of my four bridesmaids are engaged one just on Friday so its very fun and exciting to talk wedding planning with them all. I'm sure I'll eventually get sick of it, but it will be nice to help out my friends after our own.

Re: Other 2012 Weddings

• Options
    I have one in June and July but I am not in any of them. I am a Sept 8th bride too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yes. I have my cousin's wedding in June. My FSIL is getting married Aug 11th, we are Sept 22nd. My brother is getting married in April 2013, but its a DW so we just may have to postpone our honeymoon in order to afford the DW.

FSIL was engaged for years before us, and as soon as we picked a date, her FI randomly picked one so close to ours. I didn't have a problem with it, but my mother is so offended by this, and thinks it throws a huge wrench in working together with FI's family to plan things. Whatever, mom.
  • Options
    My FBIL is getting married June 23, and our wedding is Sept 22.  FBIL and FSIL's wedding is a huge thing, since they're doing a traditional Albanian wedding with like 1-2 weeks of partying.  I swear sometimes I'm doing more planning for that wedding than my own.  Between that and a wedding we're going to in Toronto in two weeks, I've bought 4 evening gowns in the past few months.  Intense on the wallet.  It also means that FI's parents have been occupied with planning for the other wedding, which is ok with FI and I, since we both tend to be more independent-minded.  
  • Options
    We are pretty lucky that most of our friends are already married so no other weddings this year anyways. Although next year we have 2 Destination weddings!!!!! 1 in January and 1 in April!!!!! That will hurt the bank account if we can manage to swing going to both.
  • Options
    My stepbrother is getting married in July, but we aren't going (not even sure if we're getting an invite). My brother is getting married May 2013. I have a friend (one of my BMs) that I think will be getting engaged this year =)
  • Options
    we are going to one of dan's GM's wedding in a month from now. he isn't in that wedding though, so we just get to enjoy it :)
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    My brother is getting married in May!  My siblings are all over the country, so we aren't all together very often.  We will have 2 weekends of all 5 of us together this year (brother's and my wedding), and I am beyond excited!!!
  • Options
    I am in 2 other weddings this year as a bridesmaid and expect to be invited to at least 5.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have one in July another in August and then our own.
  • Options
    We DID have a few going on this year. FI's cousin is getting married next month inTexas but financially we couldn't go, and FMIL kind of made it known unofficially that she didn't want me there. My cousin was supposed to get married next month too but they called it off the beginning of the month. My friend, who I've known since before FI is getting married in December, not in the one, but helping her plan every now and then. Busy year for us!
  • Options
    FI has 2 cousins getting married this summer (not to each other LOL); one is a BIG Italian wedding in June, and the other is super old fashioned farm wedding in July.
    I have a cousin getting married on September 1st as well.

Oh and FI's friend who lives in Virginia is getting married Oct 13th - we just got their STD on Friday actually. We might go... we'll see.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My two closest friends and I figured it would happen like this, once one of the guys popped the question it would probably be a domino effect (I am secretly glad my FI asked first though :).

We went to 5 weddings in 2010 but FI was only in one of them.  Last year we only had 1.  This year back to 5, so hopefully only 1 next year so out finances can recover!!
  • Options
    bridalmommabridalmomma member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We have four.... DD on Sept 22nd, her best friend on 9-21, our nephew on 7 21, and daughter of family friend on 11-10!! Thank God only 1 of them is long distance!

ETA: that should say 10-21 not 9-21  Foot in mouth
  • Options
    2011 was my big year for weddings I went to 6 of them.  This year I have one in July and one in Augst and mine in September...thankfully they are all in the beginning of the months too!  Next year I have two already!
  • Options
    CiardasullyCiardasully member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    Oh gosh...we are going to a wedding of my FI friend May 5th which is local, one of our groomsmen is getting married Sept 15 (local), we are Sept 29th (local), our best man is getting married Oct 13th (local) and then we have a wedding (friends of mine) getting married Oct 14th in New Hampshire.  And then one of my bridesmaids is getting married in Mexico on Dec 3rd.  They're not lying when they say these things come in waves!
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    i'm moh for a may 19th one (was actually asked to be a bm in another that same date but had to decline!) and one in july before mine sept 22nd.
    Spotofteadesigns.com - I blog about crafting, home decorating, baking, party planning and other creative things. See posts about my 9.22.12 wedding DIYs!
  • Options
    I think I've passed the big wedding years for my friends.  FI's friends are in the process of getting married now.  We've got 2 weddings this year for his friends.  Aug 18 and Sept 22.  Then I think there will probably be a lull until my cousins start getting married.  My one aunt has 6 kids, and I think 4 of them are in relationships that just started getting serious.  So when they all start getting married, we'll be going to a lot more weddings.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    FI and I are not IN any other weddings this year, but we were both in one in Oct 2011, then had FI's cousin's wedding in December 2011, my friend's wedding Jan 2012 (couldn't go, it was too far away), another friend's wedding in May 2012 and then ours!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    My FH is supposed to be in a wedding on 9/22 but we will just be coming back from our HM so not sure how well that is going to work.  Other than that it is just our wedding I need to concerned about at this time.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    We have a friend getting married June 2, Cousin getting married August 18th, another friend getting married Sept 8 th, our's is September 15th ,another friend is December 10th AND I reeeally think mny sister might get engaged this year along with another friend...so I guess that owuld mean more for 2013! Expensive but I love it!
  • Options
    I also getting married September 29, 2012!! Congrats!!]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards