September 2012 Weddings
Options

So mad right now.

I ordered bling wrap for my cake and votives two weeks ago.  It was finally delivered to my mothers house last night.  She took it out and loved it, so she started to experiment with wrapping a votive to see how it would look.  When she went to cut another section there were black lines going through the back of it. She unrolled the rest and it looks like a zebra print all greasy. 

She called customer service to complain and ask if it was a bad batch and was put on hold for 15 minutes.  When the person came back the woman said we can refund your money but you will have to pay for shipping and we can not refund the shipping cost to you that you already paid.

They then said that there was a picture that shows the black line but admit that nothing on their site states that it has black markings all over it.  They are selling under false pretenses.  How can they advertise beautiful vases and not show the black marks all over the back!

Now I'm at square one unless I need to put backing on all 288 votives which will cost more and take more time!

Re: So mad right now.

• Options
    Oh i'd be livid!!! That is very poor business and service!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Diamond Rhinestone Ribbon Wrap Roll - Silver BULK (10 yards) BEST SELLER!This is the picture that they said to look at.  How on earth would you know that it wasn't bad lighting or from a flash.  Nothing is stated.  It also doesn't show what comes next....the zebra effect!

• Options
    Oh that sucks!  I'm so sorry!  Is there any way you could use a damp cloth and get the grease off and use it anyway?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Definitely bad business! As SCogs asked, will it clean off? Atleast then you'll still have them and not be back to square one...
  • Options
    That's awful! I have the shortest temper when it comes to bad customer service. Sorry you have to deal with this! At least we're 9 months out though and not 1 or 2!
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That really sucks :-/ Make sure you give them bad reviews on as many websites as you can.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It wont come off.  My mother tried to soak it, used oxy clean, windex etc.....  Nothing worked.

I checked out another site but they are closed until the 3rd.  I know I can use 1 roll for my cake, so that leaves the 2nd one that was for the votives.  Now I'm trying to weigh my options....

Spend hours backing it and then applying it to the votives

Send it back and go with a better company that I'll give the 3rd degree before ordering.  But then pay shipping all over again and eat the return fees or the original company.
  • Options
    That sucks it won't come off.  Check out the classified though.  I remember either on here or weddingbee seeing bling votives not too long ago.  Maybe you can buy them already done to save the efforts.  I see bling stuff all the time on the classified boards so maybe you can save on some to help lessen the shipping burden.  Shipping costs (and returned shipping costs) are the WORST!
  • Options
    I think you should bite the bullet and return it.  Get as much money as you can back and buy more from a better company or from the Classifieds board.  Sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    That sucks so bad. I would actually sell it on the classifieds or on Craigslist or something. Shipping can get expensive if you have to pay and I'm sure there are other brides who like blingy zebra print. And, no, there's NO way you can tell from the picture that it has zebra print. There's ONE dark line and I thought it was a shadow from the angle it was bent.
  • Options
    Could you paint the black parts to be silver, or would that take too long/not adhere?  I would feel terrible returning it because of shipping costs, but I'd write up as many bad reviews about the place as I could.  Who sold it to you??
  • Options
    Koyal Wholesale, sold it to me.  I'm going to see it in person today.  Its just one thing after another right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards