September 2012 Weddings

Bummed & frustrated

I'm bummed out that I have to go to a honeymoon expo tonight by myself.  The girl who was covering us at work is really sick, so FI told me to go and get everything I could and hopefully I'll have a better idea of what I want.

My frustration level is through the roof right now.  I must have applied to about 20 jobs in the last few months and haven't had one call back.  I just applied to a few hotels and venues, so hopefully someone will want me even if the hours are crap.

I really don't want to go back to a salon and I'm trying not to go back to school yet.  I'm just looking for something to get me through the next two years or so, so FI can find his dream job.  Working at the same place is not working out for our stability.

Re: Bummed & frustrated

• I can understand your frustration and discouragement; i'm sorry :(
    Is there anyone else that can go with you tonight so that you can enjoy yourself a bit more? I'd go but I have class... and I live in Canada haha

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bummed-frustrated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:b37b8b92-2bcb-4298-a90b-bbccaad3ef6bPost:50a93b80-e78b-4288-8c2a-c23715bcae83">Re: Bummed & frustrated</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can understand your frustration and discouragement; i'm sorry :( Is there anyone else that can go with you tonight so that you can enjoy yourself a bit more? I'd go but I have class... and I live in Canada haha
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

I wish.  My family and friends are all over an hour away.  It's such short notice for them, I tried my mother already, since she is the only one out of work before 5.  No such luck.  The only one available is my 15 year old step son, and that would not be good.  lol. 
  • If it was in the Philadelphia area, I'd meet you there :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • ErinW1912ErinW1912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    That sucks about your FI having to work. I am in CO and have to work tonight so that would not work.
    About the work thing though, when I graduated college I went around to different places like hotels and event companies and introduced myself and collected a bunch of business cards of managers and wrote cover letters and sent resumes to a atleast 30 managers at different places and got alot of phone calls about potential opportunities even if the company was not advertising. I would suggest that it shows intiative and you never know you may find your dream job-it is worth a shot 
  • That sucks about the expo. Just try to focus on getting as much info as possible and have a good time. And I hear you on the job front, FI is going through the same thing right now. At least if these companies sent you back a "sorry, you won't work" or whatever, they're at least acknowledging they received your resume. To hear nothing AT ALL back is worse than the rejection I think. Hang in there :-/
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards