September 2012 Weddings

Anyone around & bored?

I've been trying to think of ways to get this board more active. If anyone is around and bored, I've thought up a Happy Holidays fill-in-the-blank:

1. Real or artificial tree?
2. Favorite Christmas tradition?
3. Favorite Christmas song?
4. Favorite Christmas special or movie?
5. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
6. What are you looking forward to the most this Christmas?
7. What are you asking for this Christmas?
8. What are you getting your H?
9. How far will you be traveling for Christmas?
10. What does your family typically eat for Christmas?

Add questions if you'd like!

Re: Anyone around & bored?

• 1. Real or artificial tree?
    I'm a firm believer in a real Christmas tree.
    We always have hot chocolate while opening gifts.
    I have to go with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You."
    The original How the Grinch Stole Christmas is my all-time favorite anything. For a typical movie, I'd say A Christmas Story.
    Christmas Day.
    Decorating the tree/apartment. We moved in together last December, so it was a bit chaotic to say the least. We didn't get a tree until the 22nd or something crazy like that.
    Hmmm, to be determined! Probably an itunes gift card, some K-cups and I'd like Hart of Dixie season 1 DVD.
    Have no idea! I keep pestering him for hints, but nothing yet!
    We're lucky that both of our parents are in our area - each about a half hour away (in different directions).
    Either turkey or ham, mashed potatoes. . . lots of Thanksgiving items usually.
    fake....hubby wants a real tree when we get a hours
    Putting up the tree
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
    Charlie Brown Christmas and Elf
    Both
    Not having to spend it apart from H
    IKEA giftcards
    A wooden carving of the building he took his classes in during college and a money clip with his fraternity on it
    About 30-40 minutes
    Ham but my grandma and I don't eat ham so she makes us a turkey. Basically Thanksgiving all over again.
    Real tree for now.  We might eventually switch over to fake cause the sap destroys ornaments.  But we LOVE burning our tree in the springtime.

Reading the Christmas story in Luke before opening presents.

I like the whole Veggie Tales Christmas CD.  It reminds me of being a teenager and decorating the tree with my siblings and parents.  We were into Veggie Tales because I've got some nephews that were born right as it was getting popular.

Elf.  It reminds me of decorating with my college roommate.  We'd decorate then sit and watch Elf together.

Christmas Day growing up and with the hubby now.  His family opens on Christmas Eve.

Hopefully getting a chance at some point around Christmas or New Year's to go see my family.

I already got most of what I'm asking for cause hubby and I went out Black Friday shopping together.  But I would like to find more of my nice silver on ebay.

Black Friday shopping.  He got lots of stuff.  But I'd love to figure out something I can get his that's a surprise.  No idea yet.

Hopefully back to Cleveland at some point (750ish miles).  Not sure yet, though.  Definitely down to Mankato to visit my parents, though (100ish miles).

Ham.  Sweet potatoes.  Cheesy broccoli.  Pie.  It's like Thanksgiving 2.0 without the turkey.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• 1. Real or artificial tree? We have an artificial for now, once we have kids old enough they enjoy cutting down a tree with the sleighrides, hot chocolate, etc we'll start doing the real trees the way I grew up :)
    2. Favorite Christmas tradition? Getting together with our families
    3. Favorite Christmas song? Baby, Its Cold Outside because its got a connection for DH and I :)
    4. Favorite Christmas special or movie? Nightmare Before Christmas lol
    5. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? All of the above, DH's family celebration is Christmas Eve, our personal one for us is Christmas Day and with my family its Boxing Day
    6. What are you looking forward to the most this Christmas? Seeing all my nieces and nephews, sometimes it gets to be way too long between visits!
    7. What are you asking for this Christmas? I just posted on FB I want a certain tea infuser/travel mug... lol
    8. What are you getting your H? We are going to the Ice Wine Festival in Niagara in Jan as our gift to each other
    9. How far will you be traveling for Christmas? 6 hours to my family
    10. What does your family typically eat for Christmas? Turkey dinner with my family, his is a whole buffet selection of everything from chicken fingers to turkey to pizza lol
  • 1. Real or artificial tree? We did a real potted ones the last two years. We wanted to plant them out at DH family farm, but they died. So we are going to buy a little artificial tree this year. Then after Christmas we will get a regular sized one on sale. 

2. Favorite Christmas tradition? We have a place called Candy Cane Lane, it's a little neighborhood where everyone decorates really cool and goes all out. Also the girls in DHs family get together and make a day of baking cookies. We make a TON. 

3. Favorite Christmas song? Away In the Manger

4. Favorite Christmas special or movie? The old Frosty and Rudolph cartoons.

5. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Santa will come to our house on the morning of Christmas Eve. DHs family gets together on Christmas Eve and Santa comes to drop off presents while we are there. So we want Santa to come to our house first. 

6. What are you looking forward to the most this Christmas? Watching DD enjoy it. All the family stuff, looking at the lights, making cookies, and decorating the Christmas tree. 

7. What are you asking for this Christmas? Maternity pants, I know I'm lame.

8. What are you getting your H? He wants 2 remote control cars so he can teach DD to drive one. Then they can race and crash into each other. He's a big kid. 

9. How far will you be traveling for Christmas? The farthest will be about 20 miles, lol.  We live close to all our family. 

10. What does your family typically eat for Christmas? All sorts of stuff.
    Wedding1_zps3487cad4 wedding10_zps74fded34
  • 1. Real or artificial tree? i grew up with artificial, H grew up with real. we got a real one this year.
    2. Favorite Christmas tradition? baking christmas cookies with my mom. this will probably be the first year we won't get to do it together :-/
    3. Favorite Christmas song? "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer", lol. i'm not big on christmas music.
    4. Favorite Christmas special or movie? A Christmas Story
    5. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? christmas day.
    6. What are you looking forward to the most this Christmas? it'll be mine and H's first christmas together by ourselves.
    7. What are you asking for this Christmas? anything that's left on our BB&B registry.
    8. What are you getting your H? no idea.
    9. How far will you be traveling for Christmas? we're going to try to visit both families. H's is 2 hours west and mine is 3 hours east.
    10. What does your family typically eat for Christmas? turkey, mashed potatoes, some type of veggie. H's is more traditional.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards