September 2012 Weddings

Hair and MU trial PIP

So I had my hair trial today. The girl did a great job but she took FOREVER. They're priced really well so I think I'll just have to suck it up and get there early on the day of. I'm going to see about doing a little less poof and hairspray on the top. This was my inspiration:

Me:

Then I did my own makeup again. I'm really struggling with the falsh lashes. I'm wondering if I should go with something like demi lashes? They look okay in the pictures but in person they're a little much.

(Don't mind the weird look. I wanted to see how the blush looked haha)

Tell me what you guys think and maybe if you have some advice with the lashes. 

Re: Hair and MU trial PIP

• Love the hair especially from the back!  Pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • I love the half updo look, your hair looks amazing. I'm jealous of your makeup skills, I think your eyes look gorgeous. What exactly is the issue with the lashes? I think they look good.
  • Your hair looks awesome! Love the volume!
    Honestly the lashes do dramatize your eyes, I think they look wonderful. But demi would be less dramatic. In your wedding pictures though the lashes might pop more with the full strip. Also, I am not too sure if you have purchased your lashes for your wedding as of yet, but pink cherry has some wonderful lashes I really recommend, I use them on my clients, it's real hair, they honestly look amazing, and they are quite cheap... Especially if you buy them on ebay!
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_hair-and-mu-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ca0e296d-0a8c-4de5-805c-ab5fea2ec522Post:085dea82-6e30-4b19-a8fc-8cbc202dd136">Re: Hair and MU trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your hair looks awesome! Love the volume! Honestly the lashes do dramatize your eyes, I think they look wonderful. But demi would be less dramatic. In your wedding pictures though the lashes might pop more with the full strip. Also, I am not too sure if you have purchased your lashes for your wedding as of yet, but pink cherry has some wonderful lashes I really recommend, I use them on my clients, it's real hair, they honestly look amazing, and they are quite cheap... Especially if you buy them on ebay!
    Posted by Loveyk[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll definitely have to look into Pink Cherry. Ibarr, the lashes are way long in person. Its very weird that they don't show up in the pics. I definitely want them to pop in pictures, but I also don't want to be self concious seeing people in person. Trying to find a happy medium... lol And thank you! It's a whole lot of trial and error. And YouTube tutorials. haha!</div>
  • edited July 2012

Your hair looks beautiful. I also think your lashes look good, I was thinking about getting false eye lashes too. I have my hair trial next monday, I can't wait!!

• First of all, you are freakin gorgeous haha :-)

I LOVE your hair, it looks exactly like your inspiration picture. You also did a really great job with your makeup. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to look weird in person. I discussed this with my MUA and ultimately decided that the dramatic makeup actually showing up in my pictures is more important to me that what people may think when they see me the day of, so I'm going to do a full set of false lashes.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_hair-and-mu-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ca0e296d-0a8c-4de5-805c-ab5fea2ec522Post:e1db6364-4a7a-4e14-9aa8-cb6401419cb5">Re: Hair and MU trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, you are freakin gorgeous haha :-) I LOVE your hair, it looks exactly like your inspiration picture. You also did a really great job with your makeup. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to look weird in person. I discussed this with my MUA and ultimately decided that the dramatic makeup actually showing up in my pictures is more important to me that what people may think when they see me the day of, so I'm going to do a full set of false lashes.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

<div>So I totally went on Ebay and bought 3 lash strips off of Ebay. haha! I think what'll make me feel better is thicker (in person those are really pieced) and shorter. They were pretty cheap so it wasn't bad. </div><div>
    </div><div>And thank you so much! I've been doing a crazy strict skin care regimen. And I'm also self concious about my goofy looking gapped teeth. One is longer than the other. hahaha! But FI says you can't really tell. Oh well. It'll probably be like our e-pics: I was so giddy/nervous/happy/excited that I couldn't stop smiling if I wanted to!</div>
  • LOVE your hair, I really like the style!
    Anniversary
  • I second the gorgeous comment.

I saw that hair pic on pinterest and LOVED it (though I'm doing an updo). Your hair turned out great. And your makeup looks beautiful. Like someone said, I'm jealous of your skills!
  • That all looks amazing! You're so beautiful :) Can't wait to see it with the full attire :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_hair-and-mu-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ca0e296d-0a8c-4de5-805c-ab5fea2ec522Post:c3d7723e-5162-4289-b908-beb9da630a85">Re: Hair and MU trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair and MU trial PIP : So I totally went on Ebay and bought 3 lash strips off of Ebay. haha! I think what'll make me feel better is thicker (in person those are really pieced) and shorter. They were pretty cheap so it wasn't bad.  And thank you so much! I've been doing a crazy strict skin care regimen. And I'm also self concious about my goofy looking gapped teeth. One is longer than the other. hahaha! But FI says you can't really tell. Oh well. It'll probably be like our e-pics: I was so giddy/nervous/happy/excited that I couldn't stop smiling if I wanted to!
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

You look beautiful!  They nailed your hairstyle for sure so definitely worth the time.  May I ask what your skin care regimen has been?  My skin is killing me!  My acne is definitely cyclical with my period and some weeks it is just out of control and makes me want to hide.  I've been trying to do the oil-cleansing method and it just doesn't seem to impact that time of the month (and the week before).  I get my first facial this Saturday (and another one three weeks before the wedding) and am hoping with just under 2 months I have enough time to fix it!  I could use some tips though of what is working for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_hair-and-mu-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ca0e296d-0a8c-4de5-805c-ab5fea2ec522Post:03c47a8d-9394-4c77-af3d-34ab3c487e32">Re: Hair and MU trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair and MU trial PIP : You look beautiful!  They nailed your hairstyle for sure so definitely worth the time.  May I ask what your skin care regimen has been?  My skin is killing me!  My acne is definitely cyclical with my period and some weeks it is just out of control and makes me want to hide.  I've been trying to do the oil-cleansing method and it just doesn't seem to impact that time of the month (and the week before).  I get my first facial this Saturday (and another one three weeks before the wedding) and am hoping with just under 2 months I have enough time to fix it!  I could use some tips though of what is working for you.
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

<div>Well I work at a Massgae Envy so I get the hook up with massages and facials. Massages help too because they destress. I also use Murad products because that's what we carry, they work, and I get a discount. lol! I use their acne/anti-aging line because it fights the acne I get without drying me out, but since your acne seems to be bad, I would say to try the Murad ance regimen. Idk if all ME's do this, but for us, if you don't like it/it doesn't work, return it within 30 days with a recepit. I've heard seriously amazing things about it.</div><div>
    </div><div>But pretty much, the thing is a system. Step 1: Cleanse and Tone Step 2: Treat Step 3: Moisturize That's the key to every single regimen. I also do a peel once a week. Again, Murad, its the Pomegrante Exfoliating peel. AMAZING. Seriously. Its on the cheaper side of Murad and its worth every penny. You definitely need to add in a boost of exfoliating to get rid of all that crap that builds up so I'd look into something like that.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're unsure of where to start (since Murad can be pricey. Thought the Exfoliating Mas I mentioned is $24 and the Acne kit is about $30 or so for a 30 day supply), I'd definitely ask the esthetician that does your facial when you go in. </div><div>
    </div><div>Hope I helped! =)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_hair-and-mu-trial-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ca0e296d-0a8c-4de5-805c-ab5fea2ec522Post:b6ca1322-c3cf-480b-b170-8a8894856d4d">Re: Hair and MU trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair and MU trial PIP : Well I work at a Massgae Envy so I get the hook up with massages and facials. Massages help too because they destress. I also use Murad products because that's what we carry, they work, and I get a discount. lol! I use their acne/anti-aging line because it fights the acne I get without drying me out, but since your acne seems to be bad, I would say to try the Murad ance regimen. Idk if all ME's do this, but for us, if you don't like it/it doesn't work, return it within 30 days with a recepit. I've heard seriously amazing things about it. But pretty much, the thing is a system. Step 1: Cleanse and Tone Step 2: Treat Step 3: Moisturize That's the key to every single regimen. I also do a peel once a week. Again, Murad, its the Pomegrante Exfoliating peel. AMAZING. Seriously. Its on the cheaper side of Murad and its worth every penny. You definitely need to add in a boost of exfoliating to get rid of all that crap that builds up so I'd look into something like that. If you're unsure of where to start (since Murad can be pricey. Thought the Exfoliating Mas I mentioned is $24 and the Acne kit is about $30 or so for a 30 day supply), I'd definitely ask the esthetician that does your facial when you go in.  Hope I helped! =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I'll definitely talk to the esthetician on Saturday and then check out Murad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards