September 2012 Weddings
Options

what will be your style walking down the aisle?

will you do a graduation like walk or a natural walk? or something different? please share

Re: what will be your style walking down the aisle?

• Options

I will do a slow natural walk and hope not to trip (heels, grass, and being healthy)......

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just a slow walk because I will be wearing high heels :)
  • Options
    Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    Probably a slow, natural walk.

Anyone want to share their down the aisle song of choice? I feel like that plays a role in style of walk.
  • Options
    I am walking? And trying not to fall.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'll be walking, and trying to not run or fall. :)

I havenlt selected the music yet. I'm kinda thinking Do You Realize??? by the Flaming Lips. It is a sweet song and our state's rock song, but I'm really undecided. I guess that will be my fallback.
  • Options
    I will just follow my dads lead. Ill probably be too nervous to pay attention to anything other then tripping over my dress!

My bridal party is walking down to Green Eyes by Coldplay.  And I will be walking to Adele - Make You Feel My Love. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • Options
    Natural slow walk and trying not to fall, which is Dad's job :). I'm thinking of using "Hallelujah" (Cick) but as a piano instrumental version.  Although FI seemed sad when I mentioned that I wanted that and not the traditional wedding march. But we'll see. Still not sure what the church will allow.
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow so had not even thought of this hahaha! I have no idea really.  Song that I'm walking down the aisle to is Jason Mraz - I'm Yours, so not exactly typical slow.
  • Options
    I was thinking cartwheels because I'll be so excited! LOL, Kidding of course. just a normal walk. I'm sure I'll just walk with my dad at whatever pace works for him. I'm in high heels and my walk is a little long.
  • Options
    We are in a church so it will be slow and traditional, however, I am having my father walk me half way and my son walk me the rest of the way to FI.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm going to be walking slowish.  Mostly because I'll be in 4 1/2 inch heels... and my "aisle" is LONG !!!!!   I have to walk down about 250 of paved path, then 65 feet over grass, and THEN up the 25 foot aisle.  It's gonna take me a few minutes!  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-will-be-your-style-walking-down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:db42b535-f611-4554-a160-69f1f42e8f7fPost:d1c5d813-ca48-404f-a3c6-0b5b2ababc08">Re: what will be your style walking down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to be walking slowish.  Mostly because I'll be in 4 1/2 inch heels... and my "aisle" is LONG !!!!!   I have to walk down about 250 of paved path, then 65 feet over grass, and THEN up the 25 foot aisle.  It's gonna take me a few minutes!  :)
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

mine as well ...very long walk for me...i am going to be so nervous!!!! i will be walking to <h3 id="yui_3_3_0_1_1336500614772315"><a id="link-1" href="http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lyWYalPYXAA.qtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZ2lsdHNhBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0g0NjVfODA-/SIG=120rpnd9h/EXP=1336529430/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=P_kVrQfkFdg" class="yschttl spt" rel="nofollow"><strong><u><font color="#0066cc">Highland Cathedral Bagpipes </font></u></strong></a>
    </h3>
  • Options
    omg! i just listened to it again and balled my eyes out! lol....oh lord dont let me cry on my wedding day lol!!!!
  • Options
    Just be prepared to cry.  Plenty of waterproof makeup !  :)    I am already working on my "try not to cry with the ugly face" cry.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-will-be-your-style-walking-down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:db42b535-f611-4554-a160-69f1f42e8f7fPost:724a78a8-0c7e-44f6-b10f-273a99a80597">Re: what will be your style walking down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be prepared to cry.  Plenty of waterproof makeup !  :)    I am already working on my "try not to cry with the ugly face" cry.  
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

LOL! :D i should try that too!
  • Options
    I kind of laughed at this question at first, but the more I think about it the more I realize it's legit. I'm naturally a fast walker, as is my dad, so I guess we'll have to slow each other down. But then do you just walk slowly or do you take a step, stop, take another step? I guess this is why we have a rehearsal, haha.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm just going to walk naturally, but slowly.  I'm not going to do the step.  Feet together. Step. Feet Together. thing.  I'm just going to walk.  Try not to trip on my dress.  Try to make sure I keep my eyes and head facing forward instead of looking at my feet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_what-will-be-your-style-walking-down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:db42b535-f611-4554-a160-69f1f42e8f7fPost:a1943d69-10bb-4bc6-a98a-d6eab063954e">Re: what will be your style walking down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I was thinking cartwheels because I'll be so excited! LOL</strong>, Kidding of course. just a normal walk. I'm sure I'll just walk with my dad at whatever pace works for him. I'm in high heels and my walk is a little long.
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

LMBO! Now that'd be sometihng to see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My song of choice is "Golden" by Chrisette Michele and I'll be doing a "slow, careful, hoping to God dad doesn't step on my dress, trying not to trip or fall" walk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will follow my dad's lead. I will focus on not tripping or bawling my eyes out. Ugh can't believe we're close enough to actually start worrying about our walk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since I am having two people walk me down the aisle, I am just more worried about failing than how fast or slow we walk lol. Both are taller than my short tail (still thinking about wearing flats versus heels for the wedding day) so I hope we can get on the same step walking lol
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    I had not thougt about this...I guess a natural walk. Like many others I am just hoping not trip or bawl by eyes out. I will also have the concern of my dad and step-dad both walking me down the aisle and hoping they don't step on my dress. Good thing my dress is an A-Line and not the ball gown I originally thought! As far as the song, I am thinking about using Pachebel Canon for the BM's and wedding march for me-or maybe use Pachebel for all of the of the girls.
  • Options
    We're dacing down the aisle, well up the aisle. My grandfather is giving me away and he isn't the best at dancing, well none of us are, but we're doing it anyways!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hadn't thought about this really.  My dad and I walk fast naturally but my aisle isn't that long and I feel like that is a moment to be enjoyed and taken slowly (though I want to just get ot FI).  I may have to do the step together pause just to slow myself down.  Guess I'll need to practice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards