September 2012 Weddings

Anyone else NOT going on a honeymoon?

I'm feeling pretty jealous of all you gals going on beautiful honeymoons to Hawaii, Mexico, Europe, the Caribbean....

FI and I aren't taking one, partially for financial reasons but also because I'm a teacher and he's starting law school, so school will be JUST starting up for both of us right around wedding time. Yeah, we probably didn't do the best job picking a date that would accomodate all this, but our date worked well for our families and our officiant, which was really important.

Anyway, we are thinking we will go on a big trip either around Christmas time or summer 2013. I'm also thinking now that we should take a long weekend trip sometime either in the month before the wedding or the month after.

If you're not going on a "real" honeymoon, what are you doing? Planning a big trip later? Taking a small trip shortly before or after the wedding? I need ideas!

Re: Anyone else NOT going on a honeymoon?

• We're doing a mini-moon right after the wedding- we want to go to New Zealand for our big deal  honeymoon, but that's a really big trip, and we will be doing a lot of backpacking/kayaking/outdoor type stuff, and that (plus the time of year) wasn't really compatible with the big build up to the wedding (not exactly a beachy, hang-around kind of vacation where you recoup from all the wedding craziness). But we did want to do something just the two of us to have that together time right after the wedding, so we're going down to southern CA for a few days- a few days in Palm Springs to lay by the pool and hike in Joshua Tree, then a couple days at Disneyland to have fun. So I'd say, do something within a few weeks of the wedding, even if it's just a long weekend in a nearby city or something, to set some time aside for just you two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we don't have anything planned right now. we will probably do a long weekend somewhere and then go on a bigger trip in February for the actual honeymoon, if we can swing it.
  • If everything goes as plan, we will be moving out of this apartment into a new place so honeymoon is at this point up in the air. I am hoping we are in the new place before the wedding. Might just take a few days off after the wedding for a much needed break, maybe go to Hot Springs for a couple of days and just travel to Dallas during my birthday in November. The plan for the big honeymoon next year. Waiting to see what happens now.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • We will not be taking a honeymoon =/. We are taking the week after off just to chill out and relax. I am hoping to maybe be able to take a trip next summer.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • We are delaying our honeymoon.  My FI does election law (OP: I wish your FI the best with Law School!) so he will be busy until January so in late Jan we are going on a Caribbean Cruise.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • If you take it around Christmas its totally still your honeymoon, just a little delayed :) A lot of ladies delay their honeymoons for one reason or another, I know we almost did just because getting the time away from work/the business for a DW as well as a honeymoon was hard...
  • If I dont find a job soon we won't be able to go unless someone helps us pay for one. When we go, it'll be 5 days in Washington D.C. and we'll be driving to save money. We are going to D.C. because there are a lot of free things for us to do and with a metro it's cheap to get around.
  • We are planning on taking a delayed honeymoon (going in Feb 2013) because we need a getaway more so in the winter than in September (it's so pretty here at that time of year!). It's also more difficult to leave when my son will be in his first month of school (first grade) and we will have family visiting for a couple weeks.
    It's still a "honeymoon" tho... I think it's very common to go later.

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are probably going to delay ours simply because my brother is getting married in SC 6 months or so after we get married, so two trips that close together just isn't looking good right now. If somehow we stumble upon a lot of money then maybe we would consider it but I think we will just wait.
  • hey we decided to go on a vacation in january. We aren't really calling it a honeymoon. After the wedding we are going to go to savannah ga, thats like our little honeymoon.
  • I won't be taking a "real" honeymoon. We'll probably take a weekend a month or so after the wedding and go on a wine tour in Traverse City but we just don't have the funds for a bigger vacation right now (not to mention I can't take more time off work).

I'm envisioning in 2013 we might be able to take a bit of a bigger vacation, but we'll have to wait and see. I'll just be happy to be married :)
  • We're going on a mini-moon right after the wedding and staying at a bed & breakfast Sunday & Monday nights about 2 hours away. We're then going to go on our real honeymoon in December when I'm on winter break.
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards