September 2012 Weddings

Meeting with Photographer

We are meeting with our photographer tonight for our timeline and to go over the pictures we really want. I'm so excited! I will feel so much better when we figure out the timeline! I can't wait! 31 more days left!
Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 217 Invited...
image 166 Got their boots on!
image 49 Missin' out.
image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
RSVP Date: September 1

Re: Meeting with Photographer

• Yay!  I plan on meeting with my photag once all our RSVPs are in just in case we want special pictures of guests who we don't have an RSVP from yet.  Good luck!
  • Our photographer gave us a timeline too which I love because I'm so forgettful about things I'd lose my head haha. We are done with meetings which is crazy and just have our last venue meeting 2 days before the wedding. Time is flying
  • can you send them picture that you are interesting in creating? I was just curious I have some that I would like create, but don't know if they would be offend? Am i over reacting?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_meeting-with-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e519ab54-15e0-4e4f-bc09-c26544ac4386Post:730c5e78-c0e2-4998-808b-93aa1866b995">Re: Meeting with Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]can you send them picture that you are interesting in creating? I was just curious I have some that I would like create, but don't know if they would be offend? Am i over reacting?
    Posted by mck776[/QUOTE]

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you are overreacting (well, I think you are more just thinking too hard about it than overreacting).  If you have seen pictures online that you love I would definitely give them to your photographer.  I plan to do just that (with some 20+ poses).  It will save you time and will ensure you get the pictures you want.  Your photographer will appreciate the help of coming up with pose ideas and wants you to be happy with the results.  Any photographer who swears all their pose ideas are their own is lying because everyone inspires everyone.  My FI was in a wedding in July and the bride is a professional photag.  She had print outs of the exact poses she wanted and the photag just went thru the stack pic by pic.  If you wait to verbally describe pictures you want, it will be hard to explain and you probably will forget some poses.  Plus, even if you explain it, your photag may not get the exact pose if they interpret it differently and then you'll have to do the "is this what you meant" game with their digital camera. 

As a GM, my FI said it was awesome (he's been a GM about 4 times so he's a pro) because without a first look (though they took some pictures before the ceremony of just the guys or just the girls), they finished the after ceremony pics in about 30 minutes as a WP and could enjoy cocktail hour (bride and groom took more alone of course but it is nice for others).  Go for it!
  • I have a ton of pictures that I just absolutely love! So thats what I'm giving my photographer. I had no idea I could do that either until someone told me to do it! I was like ooooo OK! Smile 

Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • thanks for telling me that! I will email my photographer today
  • My photographer told me to go on pinterest and pick out some poses/styles of pictures I was interested in! She can just go online and look!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_meeting-with-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e519ab54-15e0-4e4f-bc09-c26544ac4386Post:4a77223a-15aa-483c-9d57-02cf126b7f83">Re: Meeting with Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]My photographer told me to go on pinterest and pick out some poses/styles of pictures I was interested in! She can just go online and look!
    Posted by AriesAngel86[/QUOTE]

<div>I did the same. My photog really appreciated the fact that I did this because he knows what kind of style and poses I like. Te key is to try and choose stuff that you don't come across alllllll the time. They know you want photos kissing, but something more unique will give them a good idea of what you're looking for =) If they get offended, they need to get over it because its your one wedding day and you get a chance at these pics once.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards