September 2012 Weddings
Options

Major Check: The Dress

I got my dress back in January... my mom was dying to get wedding stuff done and I didn't want to wait either, so we just went ahead and went!  I found the perfect dress and FI doesn't want to see it, but I have to share it with my wedding month buddies :) 

Don't worry, I don't change my mind on anything, so I won't find something better!  We got the veil and headband too.  So now I just need undergarments and shoes.  I am thinking of dying my slip a dark brown.

The light is a little off because my mom had the flash off on my camera, hence my hollow looking eyes.

Re: Major Check: The Dress

• Options
    Congrats!! Lovely dress. 

Wow girl! You are just smoking through the planning stuff. 

Confession: I've pretty much picked mine out as well.  Tried it on a few months ago but haven't gone back becaause I do want my mom, sister and FMIL to go "dress shopping" with me.  My daughter loves it.  So I think once the year comes to a close, we will have a girls weekend and knock this bad boy out too.  The only downside is that I have NOWHERE to store it once it would arrive where FI wouldn't see it.  Tons of family but I want it to be a surprise to all.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    I found my dress too but I was scared to but it because I didn't know how to store it. Kissamary, how are you going to store it until 9/2012?
  • Options
    I have been on a serious dress hunt.. I think Im going for Maggie Sottero... But gosh, How do you decide? I have tried on 4 so far... Going out again this weekn... I want to wow my FI when he sees me for the first time... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Just thing about going to your own wedding in it, and if that makes you feel like you are going to throw up, then it's your dress!  Haha, at least that's how it worked for me! 

I am going to keep it hanging half the time, then laying flat the other half.  The sales lady also said I need to try it on every month (oh darn) to make sure it keeps fitting.  It's in my mom's scrapbook room closet now.  My mom's wedding dress from 2001 has been hanging for nearly 9 years and it looks perfect, so I'm not too worried.

• Options
    that's a gorgeous dress! to be honest, this is the only thing i'm thinking about now...not really thinking about any planning at all, but dying to go try on dresses..haha.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Good luck trying on dresses.. I am having a terrible time :(... I cant make a decision... None of the dresses I have tired on have given me that feeling...Im gonna quit for a while.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I fell in love with this J.Crew dress (simple silhouette, but look at the details!) but can't justify buying this early. They don't even have my size anymore. Sigh.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I loove J.Crew dresses!! That one is gorgeous too... I am not letting myself try on dresses yet because I don't want to fall in love with one and not be able to pay for it yet... That happened to my friend, and apparently they could not hold it for her so by the time she had money it wasn't there anymore.  So yeah,  I am waiting at least until 2011 to try on dresses. If I can control myself that long :)
  • Options

It was more my mom wanting to go than me, but I did have a dress I love that was no longer available so I'd already been burned by waiting once.  But I love my dress and it feels nice to have it done.

• Options
    Congrats on your dress kissamary!! It's beautiful!!
  • Options
    thank you :)
  • Options
    Finally made my dress decision and I am in love.. The picture does not do this dress justice with the size 2 model...  My FI is going to absolutely love it...

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=17
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the dress!!  You weren't kidding about being on top of this stuff  ;~)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards