April 2012 Weddings
Options

Help...need dress advice

So I've tried on around 25 dresses or so at 3 different stores.  On that first day, I found a satin ballgown that everyone loved.  I felt awesome in it except that it was very heavy.  I had always pictured myself in a ballgown so I figured it was going to be "the one".  My sister took a picture and I did nothing but look at the picture for weeks later scrutinizing the dress and decided I needed to keep looking because the dress didn't have a corset back that I convinced myself I needed and because it was VERY heavy and I thought I looked way too busty in it.

On my third trip, I went to a smaller store and rather than ballgowns, the consultant put me in rouched a line dresses.  I didn't think I would like any but ended up finding one a line dress that I thought looked very pretty on me, had the corset top, and my friends said flattered my figure well.  It is completely not what I was imagining getting but it was light and comfortable.  I think I felt less like a "princess bride" in this dress and I always envisioned myself having this big princess wedding....but you can have the big princess wedding without having the big princess dress right?

What do you ladies think of these dresses?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

OR

How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards