September 2012 Weddings
Options

This weekend!!!

I can hardly sit still at work.  I'm so ready to start the weekend.  Tomorrow afternoon is my bridal shower and tomorrow night is my bachelorette party!  My MOH/BFF flew in last night from NYC for the weekend.  AND my 3 roommates from my semester abroad in Italy are all flying in too (two tonight, one tomorrow morning).  The 4 of us haven't been together in 3 and a half years when we flew back from Italy.  Even though we haven't seen each other and only catch up every so often, all the adventures I had with these girls in those 4 months still make me consider them close closefriends.  I'm just so excited to have them all here and feel so blessed!

What do you ladies have planned for this weekend!?

Re: This weekend!!!

• Options
    oh sounds fantastic! no wonder you're excited!!

I am watching the clock today too - I just want the long weekend to start!!
    It's Canada Day on Sunday so Monday is a stat holiday and I took Tuesday and Wed off too. I really need a break from work... it's emotionally draining these days. I had to watch several employees leave in tears yesterday because they were told that their positions were cut. I'll be so glad when all this drama is done - it's been a long 2 months here.

Our plans include relaxing and having fun at our cottage for the next 3 days. It's supposed to be hot and beautiful so bring it on!!
    Tuesday we have some wedding related appointments and then wednesday is my day of pampering (i'm scheduling a massage and an eye brow wax/tint treatment - and I have my hair trial that night).
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f82e4ce4-883f-4b28-98d6-fd528d1ad2c5Post:237848aa-0f5c-4b9e-8de1-ac4999c55ff2">Re: This weekend!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh sounds fantastic! no wonder you're excited!! I am watching the clock today too - I just want the long weekend to start!! <strong>It's Canada Day on Sunday so Monday is a stat holiday</strong> and I took Tuesday and Wed off too. I really need a break from work... it's emotionally draining these days. I had to watch several employees leave in tears yesterday because they were told that their positions were cut. I'll be so glad when all this drama is done - it's been a long 2 months here. Our plans include relaxing and having fun at our cottage for the next 3 days. It's supposed to be hot and beautiful so bring it on!! Tuesday we have some wedding related appointments and then wednesday is my day of pampering (i'm scheduling a massage and an eye brow wax/tint treatment - and I have my hair trial that night).
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

Uh oh... remind me not to go anywhere near a mall. You cool Canadians love to flood the malls in western NY on your holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love when you spend your money in the US but you make the roads a nightmare :p hahaha I'm just playin.

Jeez, Kathryn you sure are excited! I thought I had it bad.. this is my last full week of work at this hellhole. I have to work mon and tues and then Im DONE with this place! This weekend though I am getting my dress fitted, and running errands with my mom probably. I'm jealous though, I wish I had any of my showers anytime soon! My first one isn't till July 22nd.
  • Options
    My shower is also tomorrow. My MOH/FSIL is coming up from Charlotte today/tonight. The shower will be at my parents house. We're not really doing a bachelorette party, but we might try for dinner/drinks and possibly a movie. We'll see.

FI will be doing his bachelor party as well. I'm not looking forward to not seeing him much this weekend. :(

Have a great shower volleygurl. We'll probably be opening gifts at the same time. haha.
  • Options
    Yay!  I also have my bridal shower tomorrow!  I can't wait to see everyone and wear my new dress :-)  I am also doing my makeup trial tomorrow to see how it holds up.  And I am officially out of my apartment and moved into FI's place (I guess, "our" place now!), so a lot going on this weekend.  Oh, and it's FI's birthday Sunday!  He was supposed to work so I couldn't really plan anything, but now he doesn't, so I have to come up with something fun. 

Cowgirl, just take it as a compliment that you have great malls in upstate NY!! 
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    We don't have a lot planned, which is nice because after this weekend things are about to get CRAZY for us. This weekend is a lot of relaxing at the house with the pups doing nothing. We are going to the Canada Day celebrations in town on Sunday night, which will be fun.

Moving forward though:
    July 7-8 We are in Muskoka camping, trying to book our tasting for this weekend while we're up there
    July 14-15 I have family coming into town (my mother and her bf live 6 hours away)
    July 21-22 My shower and FI's bachelor party
    July 28-29 FI and I are in Milwaukee on business
    August there is another shower, they are still deciding but looks like maybe the first or second weekend, so I would have the other one off
    August 25-26 My bachlorette
    September 1-2 Mom's surprise 50th birthday that I'm hosting with my brother
    September 8-9 Ovarian Cancer charity walk, I have my own team in it
    After that there's only one weekend left to be ready for the wedding/honeymoon!

Seeing that all written out scares me a little lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f82e4ce4-883f-4b28-98d6-fd528d1ad2c5Post:34a3a921-06a7-47b6-b5c2-94e4746fe9cc">Re: This weekend!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have a lot planned, which is nice because after this weekend things are about to get CRAZY for us. This weekend is a lot of relaxing at the house with the pups doing nothing. We are going to the Canada Day celebrations in town on Sunday night, which will be fun. Moving forward though: July 7-8 We are in Muskoka camping, trying to book our tasting for this weekend while we're up there July 14-15 I have family coming into town (my mother and her bf live 6 hours away) July 21-22 My shower and FI's bachelor party <strong>July 28-29 FI and I are in Milwaukee on business</strong> August there is another shower, they are still deciding but looks like maybe the first or second weekend, so I would have the other one off August 25-26 My bachlorette September 1-2 Mom's surprise 50th birthday that I'm hosting with my brother September 8-9 Ovarian Cancer charity walk, I have my own team in it After that there's only one weekend left to be ready for the wedding/honeymoon! Seeing that all written out scares me a little lol
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Look out, WI ladies, Britt is gonna be in town!!! I know there's a few milwaukee girls on this board...
  • Options

You bet, been awhile since business took me to Milwaukee lol!

• Options
    Yup Milwaukee what a great place lol!  I live two hours north..and Milwaukee seems big to me lol!  Not doing much this weekend laying low and trying to get more DIY stuff done.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will seem big to me too, I'm a total country girl :P
  • Options
    I'm really excited for this weekend. Tomorrow is my "surprise" shower, I am pretty sure. I'm supposed to think it is Dan's grandparent's 60th anniversary party, but I am really not buying it. None of his family has mentioned it the past few times we got together (2 weeks ago for father's day or for memorial day), and it sounds like it is supposed to be a pretty big event, though I don't know who would really come.

Also, dan as mentioning that his aunts were saying they weren't going to come, and i mean come on, it's their parents 60th anniversary, why would you not go? (there's 2 aunts and they have a reputation for not showing up to family parties hosted by the other one, but you would think for their parents they could get it together). but if it was a shower for one of the other aunts (dan's mom), i could see why they wouldn't want to come.

also, a LOT has been bought off our registry. like way more than should have been by now since invites just went out and my real shower's invites havent gone out yet. and i asked dan if we should get them a present and he said they probably wouldn't want anything.

the fact that his mom hasn't said anything about it to me (when she came over to our house on sunday and i just sat and talked to her for 3 hours), when she is supposedly the one planning this anniversary party seems like the biggest clue to me. also, dan was saying there's going to be 30-40 people there, but as far as I know the only family/friends that his grandparents have around would not add up to nearly that high of a number. i know all of his family and i know the counts because of our invites, so it just doesn't seem right.

also, he has been very concerned about what I am wearing. he knows that i bought a white dress a while back but it was backordered so i still haven't gotten it. he first suggested that i wear that, and i think it's because i've made mentions of wanting to wear white to all pre-wedding things (shower, rehearsal etc).

the final thing is, when i was scanning all of his pictures for our slideshow, i found the picture from his grandparent's 50th anniversary party, and the date was in april, not late june. granted, they could just be late or early in celebrating it, but his family is usually pretty strict on celebrating things on the exact day/week they happen. for instance, dan and his dad are both born in august but they do separate birthday celebrations because one is early and one is late.

wow sorry that was a book. anyway, i think i am having a surprise shower tomorrow, so i am excited! im going to feel like a fool if it really is their anniversary party though.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    Yay for all the showers this weekend! I hope you ladies have a blast!

FI and I are finally winding down with the residual parties from his brother's wedding last weekend (it's an Albanian thing).  Last night was the last 'official' party (for now), tonight we're having a going away bbq for his family that's in from Switzerland, tomorrow we'll spend time with them and see them off at the airport, and Sunday we're going to a birthday party for one of Ed's cousin's kids that live about an hour and a half from us.  Holy family overload.  There's been A LOT of drama, so I'll be so relieved when it's all through.  

Somewhere I'm hoping to fit in a visit to a friend so I can a) see her (duh), and b) beg for a haircut - mine's getting nasty.

Meech - you mentioned an eyebrow tint - have you done it before?  Worth it? Any advice? The lady that did my brows mentioned it to me last week, but I didn't want to jump incase it didn't look good, since I was going to have a lot of pics taken last weekend.  I'm curious to try it b/c my hair is red and my brows are super light blonde, but don't want anything semi-permanent up there that looks unnatural.
  • Options
    Wow so many of us are having showers (or surprise showers perhaps haha, kelly sounds pretty suspicious to me too).  Take pics so we can all share next week!!!
  • Options
    wcasarwcasar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This weekend is my last relaxing weekend for a while. Tonight we have a housewarming party to attend and the host just FB everyone that she is preggers. I knew about a week ago but now I won't slip up and mention it when I'm not suppose to. Tomorrow we are going to a pool party/bbq with 4 or 5 other couples and kiddos. It should be nice. I have an aunt in town from FL so I think we are doing something family related on Sunday. So a busy, but good weekend.

Then my maddness begins. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I'm an event planner so we are coming up to my event I dislike the most... July 4th. Why? Because the day is all about family, bbqs, fun in the sun and fireworks. Well I haven't had this day off since 2000 so I don't even know what my family does that day. All I know is I'm in charge of 6,000+ people for an all day event with 18 minutes of fireworks. Good times. 

This also kicks off my summer of summer movies and concerts, but those are much more enjoyable with managable levels of attendees. So my "July 4th" is Friday the 13th and the day before my bridal shower... That's the light at the end of my tunnel. Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    jessa1228jessa1228 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    No big plans for me this weekend. Tomorrow I have off so I think FI and I are going to look around for luggage and try to find a birthday gift for our goddaughter, who turns 3 next week. Sunday I have to work :-/
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards